Author Topic: Soft shadows  (Read 86972 times)

>Replace file in shaders folder.
>Disconnect from Internet.
>Launch Blockland.
>Re-enable Internet before it loads the main menu.
>Profit.

• Launch Blockland.
  • Replace file in shaders folder and configure variables.
  • Reset your shader quality setting in the options.
  • Profit.
  • Repeat for all eternity.

Does this have a higher performance impact than max quality shaders?

How about, you package an add-on that copies over the shader file to the shader folder, and checks whether a custom variable has been defined in the prefs for whether the "Soft" button in options was toggled so that you can code it to re-toggle on startup?

How about you release the files? I'm really sure some people who have the skills will manage to package it better

How about, you package an add-on that copies over the shader file to the shader folder, and checks whether a custom variable has been defined in the prefs for whether the "Soft" button in options was toggled so that you can code it to re-toggle on startup?

• You cannot replace files in shaders/ from an add-on anymore.

Does this have a higher performance impact than max quality shaders?

I use a AMD Radeon HD 7870 (GHz Edition) on Max shaders and depending on brick counts and soft shader settings it brings me down from 60-200 FPS to 15-50 FPS.

How about you release the files? I'm really sure some people who have the skills will manage to package it better

That's very funny.

Don't blame me I'm tired as forget :(

Also, I guess there is no feasible way to release this if it cannot be done with an add-on.

As good as these are, I think we can safely assume that the original soft shadows were removed from blockland for a reason.

That's very funny.
port confirmed for literal richardhole, public comments "are you just figuring this out"

port confirmed for literal richardhole, public comments "are you just figuring this out"
Well honestly, has anybody said any ideas that could make this work? This quote:
  • You cannot replace files in shaders/ from an add-on anymore.
Basically seems to get rid of every option out there. If nobody has given any good ideas as to how it could be done, what difference would releasing the files make? (although it would let some people who just want to do it manually do that)

As good as these are, I think we can safely assume that the original soft shadows were removed from blockland for a reason.
Basically this

I highly doubt there is any good way soft shadows are going to happen in BL any time soon :c

Release the files already or you might just close this topic as it serves no purpose other than to whore for attention.

PM Badspot and ask for some non-hacky way to do this?

I'm sure he's seen the topic already.

add shaders back to the allowed directories
takes no more than 5 minutes and one recompiling
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:40:38 AM by Zeblote »

Release the files already or you might just close this topic as it serves no purpose other than to whore for attention.