Deadzone's Arcane Powers

Author Topic: Deadzone's Arcane Powers  (Read 18911 times)

You'd be the first to say that.

There's three channel spells already, and the two 'power' ones have an explosive radius.
Self healing given the lack of mana would be OP, and elements....just don't really fit with this. (think Dragonball)
If any more magic types come to mind though; I'll be sure to make them.

Not self heal, how bout team heals? Like you have to hit your team members with the healing beam to heal them. That would add a fair balance if healing depended on your team members skill.
What I meant about channeled beam attacks was more along the lines of a laser beam looking attack wish varied levels of charge. You could fully charge them, or release small bursts of weak beams depending on how long you charge it.
And by AOE, I mean around you like a radius force push with some kind of effect. Like burn/poison. Perhaps floor effects that would stay put for a few seconds and apply an effect to whoever walked through it.

Id still love to see elemental based attacks: Fire, Ice, Electricity, Poison, Healing. Stuff like that.
I'm sure you don't need ideas for spells of that category.

Holy stuff, Epic Demonstration video, I love the weapons.

Not self heal, how bout team heals? Like you have to hit your team members with the healing beam to heal them. That would add a fair balance if healing depended on your team members skill.
What I meant about channeled beam attacks was more along the lines of a laser beam looking attack wish varied levels of charge. You could fully charge them, or release small bursts of weak beams depending on how long you charge it.
And by AOE, I mean around you like a radius force push with some kind of effect. Like burn/poison. Perhaps floor effects that would stay put for a few seconds and apply an effect to whoever walked through it.

Id still love to see elemental based attacks: Fire, Ice, Electricity, Poison, Healing. Stuff like that.
I'm sure you don't need ideas for spells of that category.
It's more of a concern of theme; I feel like adding elemental spells would be redundant. Though the idea of a pulse spell from the firing player's center could be good, and maybe some kind of raycasting spell could work as well.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:44:03 PM by Deadzone »

It's more of a concern of theme; I feel like adding elemental spells would be redundant. Though the idea of a pulse spell from the firing player's center could be good, and maybe some kind of raycasting spell could work as well.

Well, I don't mean as an extension of this. More like it's own thing.
I just really want to see a more elemental based magic pack made in this style.

Strengthened the powers themselves; they were kind of wimpy before, compared to the default weapons.

Strengthened the powers themselves; they were kind of wimpy before, compared to the default weapons.

I told you.

Could you release (or privately send me, I don't care) the yellow power that allows you to fly through the air? It's really neat.
If you want I'd totally trade you some other private addon for it. I have a ton.
Respond.

Respond.
Yellow power? You mean...the portal gun re-skin?

I told you.
The Arcane Powers I use on my server are completely different from the ones that I've uploaded here.
Although I have changed how the ones I use function (and trust me, the magic user wasn't the only one subject to change) I didn't make aiming a less important thing; you probably still wouldn't like them.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 07:32:26 PM by Deadzone »

The Arcane Powers I use on my server are completely different from the ones that I've uploaded here.
Although I have changed how the ones I use function (and trust me, the magic user wasn't the only one subject to change) I didn't make aiming a less important thing; you probably still wouldn't like them.

Fair enough.
IMO they'd work better with Bot enemies for an RPG.

Fair enough.
IMO they'd work better with Bot enemies for an RPG.
Well; you might just get to see that in action.

Not everyone has VCE

Here's a player's health as a percentage:
mFloatLength((1-%client.player.getDamagePercent())*100,2),2)

(Your bottom print shows <var:player:health>)

I agree with that but if you instal VCE after you have the add on will it take effect or i have to reinstal the mod?

what server do i go to to use these?!
EDIT: (P.S: you should make the +versions regen health, so it would be like mana, and when your hit, mana goes down, mana being health)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 06:59:19 PM by craftinator117 »

These are great, Deadzone. A good addition would be a confusion spell that temporarily reverses the target's controls, i.e pressing W would make them move backwards.

A good addition would be a confusion spell that temporarily reverses the target's controls, i.e pressing W would make them move backwards.
I would; but I'm a stoop-scripter. I don't know how to do something like that.