Car Customization GUI

Author Topic: Car Customization GUI  (Read 11719 times)

forget i just thought, how many nodes does a vehicle in Blockland even support?

I don't think there's enough
Inspect build able vehicles
Plenty

Yes.
This is all I really wanted in this game and I didn't even realize it till now.

Maybe an event to randomize on spawn?

holy stuff
this + CityRP made from scratch + Car-Dealing system = jizz

okay guys, I have made everything but the gui for the citi, well, except tires, which I will do right now

You can change a vehicle using these: (0-2) 0 is default, 2 is aero, 3 is super or cabrio
        %obj.setRoof(0);
        %obj.setSpoiler(0);
   %obj.setHood(0);
   %obj.setFront(0);
   %obj.setBack(0);

check attachment for preview of event based changing

Maybe there can be a speed kart game mode with change-able parts that modifies the car's stats.

Are you planning to add more options for the vehicles? Some have separate doors and trunks. And maybe a few more options. Actually, I was thinking that the names of the changeable part groups shouldn't be specific as "hood, roof, etc", as the gui could read the name of the changeable area group from the script of the vehicle (if it's possible).

Hiding nodes is how the buildable vehicles work
But the nodes aren't on the vehicle. A bunch of custom player types that have a bunch of nodes, are mounted to the vehicle.

But yes. You can hide nodes on a vehicle.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 06:36:26 AM by jes00 »

the problem with a GUI like the one in the OP is that someone might make a car and want to allow you to change or add something else, like mirrors, police lights, or the exhaust independently of the rear bumper
so whatever is made, should make it possible to add those options without changing the actual interface

Oh my, this looks awesome so far!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 10:16:40 AM by Filipe »

this is going to be good. oh i think its funny how when someone suggests something like this nobody ever does it, but when someone like Filipe asks for it every one wants to help, this is mostly a good thing. so im guessing this will be finished soon?

what about cars that don't have certain spoilers or other parts available to them?

This is really cool. I hope it gets finished.

what about cars that don't have certain spoilers or other parts available to them?
This is just a demo, I will do some hacky method in the future (using the music GUI or something to pic parts)