Author Topic: can i tell you how amazing 3D printing stuff really is  (Read 5808 times)

are you telling me the chinese can construct people?

My uncle was going to get a 3d printer but instead he bought a C & C machine along with solidworks and is learning it for now then is going to get a large production machine compared to what he has now.  

It would kinda look like this when he would get a larger version.

It's called a CNC not C&C.

You should probably look up existing companies before you start throwing money at a company that's going to be overshadowed...

Namely Shapeways

I have, but I would not want my miniature business to be as big like Shapeways and my 3D printing business would not run as a market. I would want mine to be simpler and privatized in a way. It would be very customer-friendly. I am not trying to be original, but in a year or two I would need an income for college expenses and things of that nature. I have a feeling that my idea for a business would not be successful but 3D printing is becoming a big thing and who knows, my idea could be a success for a few years.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 04:28:03 PM by Caribou »

I have, but I would not want my miniature business to be as big like Shapeways and my 3D printing business would not run as a market. I would want mine to be simpler and privatized in a way. It would be very customer-friendly. I am not trying to be original, but in a year or two I would need an income for college expenses and things of that nature. I have a feeling that my idea for a business would not be successful but 3D printing is becoming a big thing and who knows, my idea could be a success for a few years.
Whatever dude, it's your money. It's a naiive idea though, people who would actually need to use 3D printers most likely already have access to cheaper FDM machines. The only time they would need to outsource is when they want to get a large volume or an item or get it in a higher resolution than an FDM printer can handle. Not that many people would buy from you, it's not going to get you an income and that initial investment of >$10K is better spent elsewhere. Plus, Shapeways already has good customer service and excellent pricing

It's called a CNC not C&C.

What are you talking about? I print 3D models on my Red Alert 2 all the time

The future would be: 3d printing a 3d printer, printing a 3d printer printing a 3d printer etc.
The universe would collapse on itself.

I might start an affordable 3D printing company. How it would work: People would be able to upload the template for the model they want to be printed out, and the color/colors as well as the material they want used for the printing of the model they've made and then the already printed model would be shipped to the customer for any given price depending on how much I could pay to get the ink and material for the printing. Do you guys think that this could go well? I may start next year when I get a job and save up a few thousand.
hahah no that will go terribly

not an original idea at all and you don't have enough capital to make it affordable OR good

not an original idea at all and you don't have enough capital to make it affordable OR good
this

do a blockhead, the hands actually touch the torso a bit and there could be some thin material to connect the feet. plus how did you come by the opportunity to volunteer ate a 3d printing lab?

kinda close

I had a mind so. I agree, I don't have enough money to start such a time-consuming business all by myself. It could work though, but most likely it wouldn't make as much money as I'd like it to.

I had a mind so. I agree, I don't have enough money to start such a time-consuming business all by myself. It could work though, but most likely it wouldn't make as much money as I'd like it to.
i dont think you'd make any money at all (100% sure you would lose money)

there's no way you can possibly make it affordable, or attractive to consumers vs larger companies. they buy their materials in bulk, you wouldn't be able to. their production processes would be waaaayy more efficient too. you wouldn't even be able to recoup the money you spend on the printer.

as the guy before me said; more of a naive whim