BlueDryBones1's Boss Battles

Author Topic: BlueDryBones1's Boss Battles  (Read 26955 times)

Name: iTunes
BL_ID :21068
Who recommends me: My bestest of friends :|
Admin Experience: Unfortunately, none
Moderator Experience:I force rules normally,people hate me but I normally get the job done and people rage at me. Well you only love Oreos.... #Yolo :3
Why you should accept me: I can be nice if its just one of those days, I am not good at admin apps .-.
Im friends with Policehead and Tophat, Both SAs. And I just like Bluedrybone's server. I dont really go to much else except Tezuni's and I like the design of the maps and all the chairs. The point system is a little rigged in my opinion but I like this server and I would rate it 9 1/2 out of 10. Blue,Top,Hamm,and all other admins did a great job on it.     I don't want to be selfish but I would like to be admin. Since ive never been admin before at a different server other than I. I like to help Tophat and them but I get a little crazy and mean. But that is only when there are the "bugs" That I dont like. I wont name some but they hate my guts alot. Man this is off topic so Ill just close it.

Ze one and only,
                                        iTunes.
I have 4 reasons why this application doesn't meet high standards

1. I know your attitude in the pat
2. No previous administrating
3. We don't know who's your best friend
4. It's damn garbage

Name:Modern
BL_ID:13992
Who recommends you?:King of Blades., RedYoshi, and a few admins
In what server(s) you administrate/moderate?:I administrate in my own ZAPT server, and I used to moderate for Tezuni's Jail RP until Brian* demoted me.
Explain(Why should you be an admin?):I have been playing on this server for a week now and I have made to be good friends with Altar, Blue, also Tophat and Hammereditor. I want to help this server as much as possible and even though there are alot of admins most I have never met before. I have been active alot in the past and I regularly play daily. However I may be offline at most time, as I am 11. Mondays-Thursdays, I have an after-school program. Normally home 6:30-7:00 PM EST. On Friday-Sunday I will play regularly around 4-6:00 PM.
What do you do as an admin?: I have watched most admins ban the people who elude mutes/bans. I will do the same thing. As an admin if I make a custom class I will keep it not strong rather around the strength of Pioneer. I will help out players and give boss advice. I can also afford to help give class ideas. This server has been better than Pecon7's boss server (no offence), and I want to see it shine. One thing ALL admins should know is that I have SEVERE BIPOLAR. All players/admins should know this as it can get me into ALOT of trouble. Thank you for reading this app,

-Kenny, 11 year old 6th Grader

Just to let you guys know I will be closing the server early tomorrow morning to apply my tweaks to some of the bosses.

Super Blooper is getting an HP buff.
Mike Tyson is getting a HP nerf
Bowser will become a boss (has a special ability that he'll grow extremely big when in peril)

Dragoson is getting a slight HP buff
Bowser Jr will become a traitor exclusive class

Sadly no Koopa/turtle playertypes exist so got to use Dragons. Don't know if I should stop with the Mario classes. Already got Super Mario(Boss), Super Luigi(Traitor), Mecha Blooper(Miniboss), Chargin' Chuck(Miniboss), Super Blooper(Boss) as well as Bowser and Bowser Jr.

I'm not BlueDryBones1 for nothing I just like Mario too much.

Also as I always say if there are any suggestions on anything that could be balanced a bit better let me know. Still trying to tweak the bosses so they aren't OP but at the same time are not pushovers.

Blue just want to let you know a few minutes ago players were complaining about the Knight's Recurved Bow.
It is WAY too strong and players are getting frustrated with it. Either remove it, or lower the Knight's health.

I intend for these applications that follow to be done sometime today.

Soule
Pacer
Snowplower

Well, I did intend for it to be done, but some admins are needed. Delay for a short while, I will have to work on this when I have time.

In the future, there will be no doubt more admin applications, so here is a tip from Tophat.

For the love of everything that lives, please do not put me in the list of reasons. I said this a few posts ago, even if you know me, it will not improve your standing.

Blue just want to let you know a few minutes ago players were complaining about the Knight's Recurved Bow.
It is WAY too strong and players are getting frustrated with it. Either remove it, or lower the Knight's health.
The projectile moves too fast, and if the arrow is charged long enough, it's a one-hit-kill.
I think the best option would be to modify the $DamageType:: variable in the script, so the power is reduced.

The projectile moves too fast, and if the arrow is charged long enough, it's a one-hit-kill.
I think the best option would be to modify the $DamageType:: variable in the script, so the power is reduced.
I absolutely agree. It is very overpowered with that damage potential.

Is changing that 1 number all I need to do? I tried it before but didn't work but perhaps I did something wrong before. If so then this is also a good time to buff the boxing gloves. The Bow should OHKO anything that doesn't have more than 10 HP though. Platoons, Heavy Gunners, Sappers, Tacticians, and Javileners can then take more than a hit from it. Also I can buff that old lance addon to do a fair amount of damage.

datablock ProjectileData(RecurveBowFireProjectile)
{
   projectileShapeName = "add-ons/weapon_bow/arrow.dts";
   directDamage        = 100; <----------------------Is this all I have to change? Honestly 100 seems fine to me b/c of the charge. The stronger playertypes aren't 1 shotted and the fast ones usually are which is fair.
   directDamageType    = $DamageType::ArrowDirect;

radiusDamage        = 50;
   damageRadius        = 10;
   radiusDamageType    = $DamageType::ArrowDirect;

explosion  = RecurveBowFireExplosion;
  particleEmitter       = FireTrailEmitter;
   explodeOnPlayerImpact = true;
   explodeOnDeath        = true;  

armingDelay         = 0;
   lifetime            = 4000;
   fadeDelay           = 4000;

isBallistic         = true;
   bounceAngle         = 170; //stick almost all the time
   minStickVelocity    = 10;
   bounceElasticity    = 0.2;
   bounceFriction      = 0.01;  
   gravityMod = 0.8;

hasLight    = true;
   lightStartRadius = 2;
   lightEndRadius = 1;
   lightStartColor = "0.5 0.5 0";
   lightEndColor = "0 0 0";

muzzleVelocity      = 180;
   velInheritFactor    = 1;
};

Sadly I know very little in editing those weapon scripts. I only know how to edit the player scripts.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:43:42 PM by BlueDryBones1 »

Change both the "directDamage" and the "radiusDamage".

that admin list worries me

You can just re-execute the add-ons without restarting and disabling and enabling the packages to overwrite the functions/edits you have made.

You can just re-execute the add-ons without restarting and disabling and enabling the packages to overwrite the functions/edits you have made.
You can't re-execute datablocks, and the arrow projectile is a datablock.
But you can do some things with the Armor::Damage function to reduce the damage if the weapon used is a recurved box. But I don't recommend that, so just restart.

I did a recurved Bow test. It does 75 damage on charge always. Doesn't look OP for now. I'll keep it the same for now. But I'll redo the tests later.

I see that the server is currently not on HamHost.
Is this to fix the recurved bow?

I see that the server is currently not on HamHost.
Is this to fix the recurved bow?

Me and Top did tests. Recurved Bow did only 75 damage on a direct hit. Perhaps its the rance though I think I should do more tests before I edit it.

I though have buffed some of the weaker weapons such as the Boxing Gloves, and the FacePuncher.

I might get to the recurved bow soon but from what I've seen so far its actually not as powerful as I thought. At least at close range and if that's the case Knight is a easy boss to swarm. Though I still need to make a way to shove him out of camping in that room in the Space Hangar.

I did tweak some of the bosses' HPs as well.

Edit: Server is back up
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:39:15 AM by BlueDryBones1 »