Author Topic: What happened to VCE?  (Read 8323 times)

so he went full handicap mode or what
Idk, the rest of our conversation is me telling him to post here and him ignoring me I guess. Interpret for yourselves.

Idk, the rest of our conversation is me telling him to post here and him ignoring me I guess. Interpret for yourselves.
ok he did go full handicap mode

So would he then min if someone else fixed it up, whatever that entails because it isn't broken.

What happened? Did you drop the bench press bar on yourself?
im more careful than that! great grandfather was in there.

VCE is over important if you ask me. My entire builds run off of VCE for everything!

VCE is over important if you ask me. My entire builds run off of VCE for everything!
I created an Arcade Game in Blockland and it uses so many VCE variables it's not even funny.

ech. i think i remember what he's talking about. not sure if i want to take the reigns but i'll talk to bb.

Trinick: quick question
Trinick: what happened to VCE, why did you destroy it
z0w0: i deprecated it and no one should use it ever again
Trinick: why
z0w0: it's broken, horrible and stuff
Trinick: it works afaik
Trinick: and why don't you fix it
Trinick: it's kind of a central add-on to blockland
z0w0: because i don't want to fix it
z0w0: don't have time and it never should have existed
z0w0: it goes against how events should work
z0w0: it's badspots fault

His argument was fine right up until this bit.  It's a shame, but it's also not the first time he's gone off the rails on an add-on that he himself created.  I can understand not wanting to be stuck supporting something you threw out in the wild forever, but just say so; don't blame other people for it.

His argument was fine right up until this bit.  It's a shame, but it's also not the first time he's gone off the rails on an add-on that he himself created.  I can understand not wanting to be stuck supporting something you threw out in the wild forever, but just say so; don't blame other people for it.
I think he was going to explain why it's Badspot's fault but I interrupted him. I don't think he meant "it's badspots fault I made an awful mod."

how should events work, if VCE goes against that?

how should events work, if VCE goes against that?
I think he means that events are supposed to be used as an interactive extension of building, not as a replacement for modifications to the game (i.e. RPGs).

His argument was fine right up until this bit.

Don't take that last comment too seriously; he likes to make that joke a lot.

Somebody else cooler should take over it. Although I never upgraded from the old version (v3 was it?) that broke all the existing events.

I think he means that events are supposed to be used as an interactive extension of building, not as a replacement for modifications to the game (i.e. RPGs).
but it is that too
everything you can do with events is just a replacement for what would otherwise be an addon :I