Author Topic: People trying to increase the minimum wage  (Read 5514 times)

Or there would be 12% less profit margins left for the business owners/stock holders?  Again, look at our distribution of wealth. 

that is irrelevant.

for one. businesses have the right to make money. whats the point in struggling all your life to build a successful business if the day you succeed and make it big, suddenly everyone expects you to just give all your money away? forget that lol.

secondly, its usually not the case that the business is just pocketing "all that extra money" because there isnt any extra.
you raise the wages; then you must have less workers; and.or less hours for the ones you have left; must raise the cost of the product or service they sell so to make up for the loss; meaning harder to compete on prices; less business in store; lay off workers anyways because you arent making as much money.

economics arent so easy as to just give people cash. things dont work that way.

I plan to work in manufacturing for a few years before going off to college. Build up some savings. Also trinick where'd you learn all this.

Sure, there will be consequences, but nothing severe unless the minimum wage is raised to something crazy like 30$/hr. I hate to be the starry-eyed fool in this thread, but most companies have enough revenue to raise minimum wage and still make a massive profit.

You need to know when you're beat. Obviously these preteens and teenagers know way more about economics than anybody ever. It's clearly obvious that poor people are only poor because they didn't try hard enough. So at the very least they should get no government benefits and their pay should be lowered.

But the best solution is obviously forced sterilization of all human filth. But we wouldn't be sterilized because I am a shining star far above average.

I know I was pretty hyperbolic with this, but I think I was pretty spot on until the sterilization.

I'm alright with the government increasing the minimum wage. Sure it's going to get back at the laborers, but it's what they asked for and they'll never ask for it again.

I'm not alright with people complaining about outsourcing when they demand higher salary for half amount of work.

The issue is, the world can't be operated in a "this is what you want? We'll warn you that it's going to forget you up worse in the long run, but if its what you want.." fashion. We can't demonstrate that the price of Nikes will double, half the factories will shut down, and 1/4 of all Nikes employees will be fired if you raise the minimum wage because Nikes aren't being produced in America anymore. Nike pays workers pennies per hour to make their shoes. Any all-american production company can't keep up, because Nike can at any given time hire ten or more employees for the one employee in America. The workers with raised wages then experience no increase in cost, but end up losing their jobs to Chinese nationals. The only industry not affected by this is the domestic service industry, like restaurants. The last thing we want is to send more work to other countries.

I never understood the whole robot labor work force because our economy is built buying and selling stuff. It would kill off many jobs and you would basically be left to go to school an either try find a career that hasn't been automated. Since people aren't working and earning money to buy stuff, the system would collapse on itself because no one has money to buy stuff. Plus the only people who would have money are business owners, people who work with robots, computer techs, engineers, and the Rothchild family.

Haha, they think they'll have more money by doing it.
Oh god, this kills me to death.

I'm alright with the government increasing the minimum wage. Sure it's going to get back at the laborers, but it's what they asked for and they'll never ask for it again.
Doubt it. The people being payed more will still outnumber the people being layed off, so I don't doubt they would ask for another raise