People trying to increase the minimum wage

Author Topic: People trying to increase the minimum wage  (Read 5497 times)

I think we should be striving for the outright destruction of the unskilled labor force. Replacement of that labor with automation and the elimination of those who cannot adapt into a different field.

I think we should be striving for the outright destruction of the unskilled labor force. Replacement of that labor with automation and the elimination of those who cannot adapt into a different field.
what about people like me, who cant go to college yet, and are working in highschool?

Translation: "I got a job with my dad's company and I don't know what it's like to support myself"

what about people like me, who cant go to college yet, and are working in highschool?

turning high school students into love slaves under the ownership of the state education board would bring much-needed income to the state budget.

the way i view it is pretty much if you think you can get through life working in fast food or as a cashier at walmart then you need to really reconsider some stuff
you should try to get a better job as soon as you can, those positions are more for experience than to make a living
well someone has to do it

not everyone can strive for the best loving job, that'll leave no mexicans to cut my dad's lawn

it would mean that 1 out of 8 workers would have to be fired to sustain the profit margins

Or there would be 12% less profit margins left for the business owners/stock holders?  Again, look at our distribution of wealth. 

"elimination of those who cannot adapt into a different field."

Okay guys set up the mass grave the size of new jersey.

Or there would be 12% less profit margins left for the business owners/stock holders?  Again, look at our distribution of wealth. 

you cant force businesses to employ people and shrink their margins

well someone has to do it

not everyone can strive for the best loving job, that'll leave no mexicans to cut my dad's lawn
Minimum wage jobs are for the high schoolers that live with their parents so they can learn how to work. The point is that if you're working as a cashier at Walmart when you're 40-years-old you should check out your life.

Minimum wage jobs are for the high schoolers that live with their parents so they can learn how to work. The point is that if you're working as a cashier at Walmart when you're 40-years-old you should check out your life.
Lol.

Aren't you a highschooler living with your parents?
It just makes me laugh when people with NO CLUE about the real worth of money start talking about it.

I couldn't even rent a loving room in my state while attending my community college without my higher than average paying job.

If i was making 8.00 an hour, I would be dead.
It's borderline.

It's called a utopia.  A place where you need zero skilled works.  Magic faeries pick up your garbage, deliver pizza, mow your lawns, farm your food, etc.  

This is true. Also, with the US government over $16,000,000,000,000 in debt (Wth?!), and that number ever increasing, the econemy probably won't be getting too much better. I could be wrong though.
with a shutdown it's not going to improve
HEY

That's offensive to tech support.
good I hate every single person who works for them

This video admittedly has a political bias, but I think it's pretty relevant. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDhcqua3_W8

The idea is to live in a scarcity free society where you do not have to work just as a means to survive but rather to pursue your interests whatever they may be.

As it stands the majority of people in the world are of little value. Even now this thread exists because of the low value of unskilled labor in today's world. No skills besides the ability to perform menial physical labor. They only serve to prop up a system that exists to support those kinds of people. Their functions could be replaced by complete automation and over time they have been to some degree. It's going to take a long and terrible transitional period for this to fully happen. A lot of people will end up suffering but I believe it would be for a greater good; a world with a smaller population and greater level of skill, free from the mundane tasks we all currently have to perform.

It's called a utopia.  A place where you need zero skilled works.  Magic faeries pick up your garbage, deliver pizza, mow your lawns, farm your food, etc. 
Well no stuff. That's the end result of sufficient societal advancement. The reason we are where we are today instead of loving around in caves and picking wild berries as a means of survival not because you like picking berries.

"elimination of those who cannot adapt into a different field."

Okay guys set up the mass grave the size of new jersey.
I'm not saying to just up and kill everyone at once. We are not ready for that. The idea is more long term population control than mass genocide.

Translation: "I got a job with my dad's company and I don't know what it's like to support myself"
Translation: I'm stupid.

How did you even pull that from what I said?

Quote from: Otis Da HousKat
Translation: I'm stupid.

How did you even pull that from what I said?
Hahaha.

You know exactly what I mean. Acting dumb isn't going to troll me hard enough.
You live with your parents, probably barely work. You are very well supported.
You have no idea what it's like.

Also, you responded to jeremie's sarcastic statement seriously? That's a joke. You're a joke.

Otis, I'm just going to start considering everything you say not worth reading. Because over the years that's what it feels like.