Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 859477 times)

Did you see this IRL?
My mom and stepdad bought this, that's a picture in the garage :P. It's a loving beast. It finally came in last week.

...HOW MUCH ARE THESE
They're expensive. Supras are very highly sought after cars, my friend has $40,000 saved up for a black turbo with very few modifications done to it, and he's been searching for about 2 years. Most unmodified ones are owned by collectors that don't want to let them go.

My mom and stepdad bought this, that's a picture in the garage :P. It's a loving beast. It finally came in last week.
omg do you have your license?!

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=profile;u=1242
do you think I didn't look? besides the fact that you can make the age on your profile say whatever you want, not every 21-year-old has a license

do you think I didn't look? besides the fact that you can make the age on your profile say whatever you want, not every 21-year-old has a license
Nearly everyone I've met at university that was from New York City did not have a driver's license and had never even driven a car. It was a weird bit of culture shock with me coming from an area where you learn to drive as soon as you can see over the steering wheel.

Here are the cars I'm considering, in order:

2000's Toyato Celica
Honda Civic
Scion xB

Got any other late 90's/early 2000's cars in about the $4000 price range that would be reliable, and not too heavy on insurance?

I personally like the Scion xB, but the only guy I know with one says it's a mom car and is trading it in for a truck. Celicas look nice IMO, but they're harsh sounding on the interior and the suspension isn't really great. They're like a sported up Civic, where all they did was juice up the engine. Which leads me to Civics, which are great cars if you just want a car to take you from place to place and not guzzle gasoline while it's on the job. It's a very practical car. Whatever you do, if you get a Honda Civic do not develop an interest in modifying your car.

the xb looks like the result of toyota unsuccessfully trying to copy the kia soul

I had to buy a new Prius C the other day.

It's not mine but I had to cosign on it since I have the best credit in my family and got the interest for my brother down to 2.9% from 16%. It's a stupid situation (dumb girlfriend) that even forced him to buy a new car but according to his number crunching over the time he plans to own it it was the lowest cost of ownership combined with reliability and not having to forget around with potential repairs. Whatever I know he's good for the payments he just has stuff credit so this works for both of us.

Once he gets enough $$$ in roughly 20 months he's going to drop the cash for a Tesla Model S.

the xb looks like the result of toyota unsuccessfully trying to copy the kia soul
Given when the xB came out I think it's more influenced by the Honda Element.

Given when the xB came out I think it's more influenced by the Honda Element.
ewww
maybe kia just improved on those two designs or something
I don't like these weird boxy hatchbacks

I gun steel it!

I personally like the Scion xB, but the only guy I know with one says it's a mom car and is trading it in for a truck. Celicas look nice IMO, but they're harsh sounding on the interior and the suspension isn't really great. They're like a sported up Civic, where all they did was juice up the engine. Which leads me to Civics, which are great cars if you just want a car to take you from place to place and not guzzle gasoline while it's on the job. It's a very practical car. Whatever you do, if you get a Honda Civic do not develop an interest in modifying your car.
Yeah, right now I'm mainly just looking for a car to get me around (with good gas mileage to boot). Honda and Toyota are cheap and reliable, which is what I'm looking for. Since Scion is just a Toyota mini-brand, I figure they aren't half bad either.

If I get a Civic, I probably would modify it; I just wouldn't mess it up with a poorly attached body kit or a mismatched paint job - I'd take my time and do it right. No weird exhausts, no thin tires, no freakish graphics, and NO giant stereo system. The most I'd do is tweak the paint job slightly (maybe do what my dad did to his HHR and paint the grill and wheels black, completely removing hubcaps), and get a somewhat sportier-than-default trim added. Something more like this, without the alloys (and probably a less flashy trim; no bucket seats). Nothing fancy, just clean.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:56:22 PM by BluetoothBoy »