Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 858336 times)

That doesn't mean everyone else likes it like that.
sure, but idk what difference that's supposed to make

Design evolutionizes, It happens to pretty much all. cars, whether you like it or not.

'16 was just revealed

I know, I check the car news on about 6 different sites 24/7. I've already seen the new '16 comaro.

that's not gone well

[8:53:29 PM] Foxscotch: guys
[8:53:31 PM] Foxscotch: i was driving
[8:53:35 PM] Foxscotch: on my way to the car mechanic
[8:53:43 PM] Foxscotch: like 70mph
[8:53:49 PM] Foxscotch: in a 55mph road
[8:53:54 PM] Foxscotch: and a cop saw me
[8:53:56 PM] Foxscotch: and he was like
[8:54:05 PM] Foxscotch: *turns on lights and makes a u-turn*
[8:54:10 PM] Foxscotch: and i got a speeding ticket :(
[8:54:31 PM] Foxscotch: apparently the exact speed aws 77mph
[8:55:57 PM] Foxscotch: the mechanic wasn't even open ;~;

my first ticket :(
my second time getting pulled over though
dunno how much it'll cost yet

fortunately it is 2015 and I can pay it on the internet. my mom will possibly never even know hopefully. maybe

Well you shouldn't have been doing 77 on a 55mph road!

Well you shouldn't have been doing 77 on a 55mph road!
yeah yeah that's what he said. I guess I learned a bit of a lesson, but it's not like I didn't know speeding was illegal before
I did learn however that their radars or laser things or whatever are more complicated than I thought. I didn't know they worked while moving before

it's gonna be $253 apparently
wtf :(
i might have to tell my mom
but i do have until july 23rd so maybe I'll be able to get the money by then, especially now that I have a job
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 09:15:31 PM by Foxscotch »

Yeah, wtf is right. I mean seriously? $253? Man I'm glad I get to walk everywhere.

yeah yeah that's what he said. I guess I learned a bit of a lesson, but it's not like I didn't know speeding was illegal before
I did learn however that their radars or laser things or whatever are more complicated than I thought. I didn't know they worked while moving before

i might have to tell my mom
but i do have until july 23rd so maybe I'll be able to get the money by then, especially now that I have a job

I have to appear in court for my ticket next week. 16mph over the limit, about $150. Gotta pay over $220 total though.

Well I wish the both of you the best of luck with getting your tickets sorted.

Well I wish the both of you the best of luck with getting your tickets sorted.

Actually just got new news. My dad went ahead and submitted my ticket to those lawyers I've talked about a couple times. It cost $54 plus what I'll have to pay for the ticket, so I guess it'll actually be $204.

[8:53:29 PM] Foxscotch: guys
[8:53:31 PM] Foxscotch: i was driving
[8:53:35 PM] Foxscotch: on my way to the car mechanic
[8:53:43 PM] Foxscotch: like 70mph
[8:53:49 PM] Foxscotch: in a 55mph road
[8:53:54 PM] Foxscotch: and a cop saw me
[8:53:56 PM] Foxscotch: and he was like
[8:54:05 PM] Foxscotch: *turns on lights and makes a u-turn*
[8:54:10 PM] Foxscotch: and i got a speeding ticket :(
[8:54:31 PM] Foxscotch: apparently the exact speed aws 77mph
[8:55:57 PM] Foxscotch: the mechanic wasn't even open ;~;

my first ticket :(
my second time getting pulled over though
dunno how much it'll cost yet

fortunately it is 2015 and I can pay it on the internet. my mom will possibly never even know hopefully. maybe

I just got my first ticket like 3 days ago. I was going 85 in what I thought was a 45 (turned out to be a 55, lucky me) and talking to my girlfriend, so I was looking at her in the passenger seat instead of at the road. I glanced back at the road just in time to see myself pass a motorcycle cop hidden on the median behind some bushes. Cop asked me what I thought the speed limit was and how fast I thought I was going, said 45 and 65 since I was going down hill. He laughed and told me that I was doing a solid 85 then showed me a reading of 86 on the LIDAR gun. So I figured I was forgeted going 40mph over the speed limit of 45mph, turns out it was a 55. Cop was super nice though and explained how through some technicality he can write me a ticket for doing 85 in a 65, and that if I do traffic school it won't go on my record and my insurance won't go up. Also he could write me a ticket for travelling at an unsafe rate of speed which is a separate fine, but he decided not to. So I walked out of the situation with the same ticket I would get by driving normally on the freeway.

Also, my friend has a lawyer that specializes in trial by written declarations. For $90, he'll represent me to get the ticket waived. If it doesn't get waived, I get the $90 back. Great deal.

Edit: Jesus christ, this was a trainwreck of a post. I've edited it about ten times since posting it because I keep finding stuff wrong with it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 02:18:00 PM by $trinick »