Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 857972 times)

ssr ripoffs then smh
only bc ssrs are like $700 a piece >:(

it is infact the slowest car ive ever driven, I bet a tuned up golf cart could beat it off the line, I don't know if the automatic transmission they put in was garbage or if my transmission specifically is garbage, but in a regular pull away from a stoplight it seems to get stuck at 20mph until you give it more gas or downshift to 2 im still working out the kinks. When you pay 200$ for a car you tend to settle for just about anything.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 11:52:49 PM by warble »

So the toyota camry doesn't have an air-filter body and to buy a complete one would cost over 500 dollars, so I was wondering, would it be possible to use a heat-resistant tube that can fit onto the top of the carb (like where the air filter goes onto) and at the end, fit the cone-shaped air filter, like a cold air intake? Because it's either this or the classic tshirt replacement until we're able to actually save up enough to get it

So the toyota camry doesn't have an air-filter body and to buy a complete one would cost over 500 dollars, so I was wondering, would it be possible to use a heat-resistant tube that can fit onto the top of the carb (like where the air filter goes onto) and at the end, fit the cone-shaped air filter, like a cold air intake? Because it's either this or the classic tshirt replacement until we're able to actually save up enough to get it
the rice brick is a camry, your car is a corolla. you seem to forget this all the time. also, aren't most carburetor air filter body's at least remotely similar, see if you could get a filter body from some other car or suv that would fit on your carb, and then just buy the air filter for that make and model, that is IF there isn't a way around this massively overpriced deal you found
edit:
I just found this non current listing for an air filter body for your car for 800 pesos (37$)
https://www.olx.ph/item/air-filter-cleaner-toyota-4af-engine-ID7D3Qt.html
edit again
you ever try ebay?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-COROLLA-88-92-AIR-CLEANER-1-6-4AF-CARB-/360656098406?hash=item53f8c75466:g:KKQAAOxyJ-FRkShk&vxp=mtr
I'd just go ahead and get that if the 500$ deal is the only other one you found, that's the only one on ebay
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 12:13:27 AM by warble »

the rice brick is a camry, your car is a corolla. you seem to forget this all the time.
forget WHY

also, aren't most carburetor air filter body's at least remotely similar, see if you could get a filter body from some other car or suv that would fit on your carb, and then just buy the air filter for that make and model, that is IF there isn't a way around this massively overpriced deal you found
The Corolla's carburetor air filter body is much differently shaped in dimensions than most other cars, along with it being pretty slim so I can't just use a random air-filter body. Plus when looking around, the corolla's air filter is pretty much made for the car because the other toyota cars at the time doesn't have the same size and fittings that the corolla has

I just found this non current listing for an air filter body for your car for 800 pesos (37$)
https://www.olx.ph/item/air-filter-cleaner-toyota-4af-engine-ID7D3Qt.html
I'd use this but the language and currency barrier would confuse things to stuff

you ever try ebay?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-COROLLA-88-92-AIR-CLEANER-1-6-4AF-CARB-/360656098406?hash=item53f8c75466:g:KKQAAOxyJ-FRkShk&vxp=mtr
Yes, the problem with ebay though is that they never sell every peice in one package, they mark it up and sell each piece individually which massively marks up the price. Plus what you listed isn't even the entire thing, it's just 2 parts, it doesn't even come with a filter, I'd still need the rest of the body and tubing because the sensors and plugs further down

Alright more than likely we'll go with that ebay listing because it's pretty much the second best thing. If we still can't for some reason, we'll try out the tube with a filter or just a simple t-shirt for the filter
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 12:32:43 AM by Insert Name Here² »

Doesn't the Corolla have injectors or is your Corolla old af?

Doesn't the Corolla have injectors or is your Corolla old af?
its the 1989 base 4 door with the 4-af carburetated dohc 1.6 4 cyl engine, only 28 years old

I've rented a Corolla once. It had injectors. It was a 2012-ish model.

I've rented a Corolla once. It had injectors. It was a 2012-ish model.
sorry i meant to put emphasis on the fact that he said it had a carb. a carburetor is a type of fuel delivery system, as is electronic fuel injection, so you can't have both at once. efi is the standard as of like the 90s

sorry i meant to put emphasis on the fact that he said it had a carb. a carburetor is a type of fuel delivery system, as is electronic fuel injection, so you can't have both at once. efi is the standard as of like the 90s
I'm aware of that. Since INH didn't mention before how old the car was, I found it shocking for a modern car to use a carb.

I'm aware of that. Since INH didn't mention before how old the car was, I found it shocking for a modern car to use a carb.
rip