Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 858228 times)

Guys, two things. When I brake, my truck makes friction sounds like tuk-tuk while the brake is being pressed.

And when accelerating from 0km/h, it makes a whooshing sound until it hits 10-15km/h then it makes a eegular engine sound.

It has a turbo intercooler, drumbrakes on the rear and disks on the front. The disks are fine. Could it be that the drums need some tightening?
New brake pads front and back and new fluid definitely

When I brake, my truck makes friction sounds like tuk-tuk while the brake is being pressed.

When I was 16 I had a Ford Ranger Edge Edition and I had a similar issue and the problem was an ABS sensor. It's not a big issue and it doesn't cause a lot of damage, but as for your other issues you need to get them checked out by a dealership or a mechanic before then get worse.

When I was 16 I had a Ford Ranger Edge Edition and I had a similar issue and the problem was an ABS sensor.

oh that actually makes sense, like it's releasing the brakes then reengaging them all the time to compensate for the broken sensor not being able to tell when it actually needs to prevent locked brakes

My ABS was borked too after the accident with another pickup about a year ago. I need to get that fixed too.

not much but a little before and after I got my most recent truck.

before:

after:

saw a 1969 ford fairlane 4 door today. its hood was rusted and tires were flat, faded paintjob.

A guy with a too much time on his hands built the worlds best camry wagon, its registered as a photon cruiser in Washington, ima copy paste the ad here so I don't lose it when it goes down

"This thing is in good mechanical working order, it just needs a battery. The engine is good and there are at least 500 dollars of usable parts and materials in and on this car. It used to be a Wi-Fi hotspot and ham radio station or something. My buddy did all this to it, but then he moved to LA and left it with me to deal with. The car has a gps instrument cluster that runs on a solar panel. It starts with a push of a button. At one point the doors opened by pressing a combination of buttons on an old school Nintendo controller, but now you have to climb in through the back hatch. It's actually registered as a Photon Cruiser because the DOL let him do that. Oh, and there's my cat in the last pic. Have signed affidavit in lieu of title."

auto opening doors via nintendo controller button combo lol

auto opening doors via nintendo controller button combo lol

snip
3000gt

Guys, I did some black magic. I was running out of fuel to the point the light kept on flashing and the alarm kept ringing. I turned it off like I would going downhill. I discovered that automatics can't be turned on if they aren't in Park and when I turned it on, boop. 100km remain. I got fuel from thin air. (The sensor was probably stuck)

my old auto-trans '98 sable stuffbox would die on me mid-drive on 85+ degree days during long drives and i was able to start it up in neutral going 60 mph

mazda fd3s rx7

It didn't let me turn the key.

ok, some news. I got into my schools automotive technology shop, and I start doing stuff in the shop tomorrow. yeyeye

someone help me identify this car

i found it but i couldn't stop to take a closer picture