Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 860778 times)

My mom practically pulled me out the door in the middle of eating dinner to go practice driving the manual Versa. She drove me to my school where I practiced driving it in the nearly empty parking lot. After a scary encounter on the street, I ended up driving all the way home with almost no prior knowledge before last night.

Today was a decent day.

Mounting tires is a pain in the richard. I spent three hours removing my regular tires from their rims and mounting snow tires this morning. Funny thing is I have a job working in a race shop and mount tires on a regular basis. Street car tires are A LOT tougher. I usually have two sets of rims for each set of tires but haven't gotten to that since I got a new car over the summer.

My mom practically pulled me out the door in the middle of eating dinner to go practice driving the manual Versa. She drove me to my school where I practiced driving it in the nearly empty parking lot. After a scary encounter on the street, I ended up driving all the way home with almost no prior knowledge before last night.

Today was a decent day.
Dang, at least you were able to learn quickly.

Mounting tires is a pain in the richard. I spent three hours removing my regular tires from their rims and mounting snow tires this morning. Funny thing is I have a job working in a race shop and mount tires on a regular basis. Street car tires are A LOT tougher. I usually have two sets of rims for each set of tires but haven't gotten to that since I got a new car over the summer.
What exactly do you mean by mounting tires?

What exactly do you mean by mounting tires?

Putting them on rims.

what is surprising about mounting tires is that car tires are harder to mount/break down than big rig tires.

Putting them on rims.
Thought so, Its been a while since I've messed with that so I wasn't entirely sure. In my automotive class we had to practice that in the beginning of the year, the machine we used tended to be a bitch from time to time.

Idk if this was brought up earlier in the thread, but Aston Marin sure made a good looking car this year.

Oh, wait...

I think the front end looks good. The rear end though..

No ty.

oh hey look a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnG68MkGgGc
That doesn't sound healthy.

1/3 the way into the video, it sounds like music

had a little accident on the interstate last night

blurry pictures

^ the car I was driving

^ the other one

I think I fell asleep a little and hit her. I guess I just got really unlucky, cus I wasn't even nodding off before, and there were hardly any other cars around :(
luckily we were only like 30 minutes from home so my mom's boyfriend was able to come pick my mom and I up. it could've been a lot worse in that regard, cus it was during an 8-hour-long drive
I think it also could've been a lot worse of an accident considering we were on the interstate and all. but nobody got really hurt and the damage to the cars wasn't too bad

That sucks dude, glad everyone was okay and there's not too much damage. Hope it didn't spook you too much.

wow that sucks nightfox
i hope your insurance doesn't skyrocket now

also i found this site pretty interesting
http://www.xfuels.com/

Three hours? Why didn't you just take them somewhere? At the shop I work at we can have them done in a half hour.

I think the front end looks good. The rear end though..

^ the car I was driving
[ig width=640]http://i.imgur.com/QllzhmA.jpg[/img]
^ the other one

I think I fell asleep a little and hit her. I guess I just got really unlucky, cus I wasn't even nodding off before, and there were hardly any other cars around :(
luckily we were only like 30 minutes from home so my mom's boyfriend was able to come pick my mom and I up. it could've been a lot worse in that regard, cus it was during an 8-hour-long drive
I think it also could've been a lot worse of an accident considering we were on the interstate and all. but nobody got really hurt and the damage to the cars wasn't too bad

That sucks! What happened? Did she slow down and you just didn't notice?

the defrost on my 96 chevy silverado 1500 gave in

right in time for the bad weather too qq