Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 842730 times)

I'm bringing it down to SLC sometime in the upcoming weeks for a track event and (if i can get a hold of an AWD dyno) some power measures so I'll have an actual power figure, but this guy on Swedespeed has less done to his car and is already pushing 653nM or about 480ish ft/Lbs of torque:

I'm being conservative, but it should be pushing about 410ish horsepower and closer to 500 ft/Lbs with all of the mods on the car. I can upload a recording if anyone wishes of the car doing a 0-60 run in about 4.6ish seconds at an elevation of 6,400 ft.

EDIT: a list of my mods if anyone wants to know

TDi Tuning CRTD4 (it edits my boost tables so the turbo can go past the factory set limits)
Ferrita 3.0" 200 cell downpipe
Full muffler bypass
Larger compressor wheel
Also, I cut the stock airbox and just stuck in a K&N filter because the airbox mods for my car are legit ridiculous in terms of performance per dollar (they're upwards of around 600ish dollars?)
oh, and a much larger intercooler
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 03:45:59 PM by Cupcakehat »

great there's a car thread, saves me making a thread, guess I'll just pop in to say I'm road legal now

I'm able to drive on the roads but since I'm 17 it's only a provisional license which means I have to drive with an adult/someone with over 3 years of experience driving and over 25. but still, I can drive the car on the roads now which will give me some more practise

before I can drive I need learners plates, I also have yet to go to a single lesson (the guy ditched us today for no reason so we're trying another guy) and I need to learn more about road laws but my current knowledge seems to suffice enough

this is the car I'm insured to drive, a 2006 ford mondeo titanium x and it's a manual so I'll be learning stick, it cost about £235 to insure and it's all coming out of my own money, probably gonna be broke by the end of this but that's not to say driving lessons aren't worth it

right now I'm still trying to get used to clutch-accelerator balance but I'm doing pretty good at the turning

I think I kinda suck theory wise though, so any advice or questions on that would be helpful but what this means is forget public transport I'm free, considering I live in the country this is a hugely beneficial thing

this is exciting

Why are you learning to drive in a car like the Mondeo? Ideally you'd best be going for smaller and older model cars such as the Ford KA, SEAT Arosa, Corsa, or Renualt Clio which are both really cheap to insure and to buy, and generally have smaller engine sizes.

Why are you learning to drive in a car like the Mondeo? Ideally you'd best be going for smaller and older model cars such as the Ford KA, SEAT Arosa, Corsa, or Renualt Clio which are both really cheap to insure and to buy, and generally have smaller engine sizes.

presumably because that's the car his family actually has

presumably because that's the car his family actually has
but why should that stop him from purchasing another car that costs between £300 - £700, cheap as chips which would also be ten times more cheaper to insure? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

my favorite car is the trabant 601

but why should that stop him from purchasing another car that costs between £300 - £700, cheap as chips which would also be ten times more cheaper to insure? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

assuming it's his car now, why would he want to drop down to an older car when the one he's driving seems really nice?

assuming it's his car now, why would he want to drop down to an older car when the one he's driving seems really nice?
would also be ten times more cheaper to insure?

Honestly, insurance companies over here will absolutely crucify him with the amount of money he (or his parents) would have to be, especially being what I can only assume to be the household's only car.

Also having your own car is a plus.

I ended up buying the pulsar sportbak, looking really good but needs some paint and some gas tubes

its so weird but I like it

I found this lovey dieselpunk car

because my family only owns that car and we don't have room for another car

because we are not a rich family

Also having your own car is a plus.
literally not rich

are you dumb enough to think I can just splash "£300-£700" on another car? do you realise I need an adult to drive with while learning and that they too have to be insured, and assuming it's my parents, while also being insured on the mondeo they own? forget off

I'm bringing it down to SLC sometime in the upcoming weeks for a track event and (if i can get a hold of an AWD dyno) some power measures so I'll have an actual power figure, but this guy on Swedespeed has less done to his car and is already pushing 653nM or about 480ish ft/Lbs of torque:

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170204/bd75c6ad437491c605a2ae76fb3257a8.jpg[/imgg]

I'm being conservative, but it should be pushing about 410ish horsepower and closer to 500 ft/Lbs with all of the mods on the car. I can upload a recording if anyone wishes of the car doing a 0-60 run in about 4.6ish seconds at an elevation of 6,400 ft.

TDi Tuning CRTD4 (it edits my boost tables so the turbo can go past the factory set limits)
Full muffler bypass
Larger compressor wheel
Also, I cut the stock airbox and just stuck in a K&N filter because the airbox mods for my car are legit ridiculous in terms of performance per dollar (they're upwards of around 600ish dollars?)

That's loving dope, sleeper wagon, that was my previous dream before I got the car I have now.

Full muffler bypass
Larger compressor wheel

wild af

but why should that stop him from purchasing another car that costs between £300 - £700

What 17 year old has £300 - £700 laying around?

but why should that stop him from purchasing another car that costs between £300 - £700
[fuccboi intensifies]

What 17 year old has £300 - £700 laying around?
So are you saying there are people who didn't get a job at 16? lol.