Author Topic: My mom won't leave me alone about homecoming  (Read 6456 times)

elecro she just wants you to go out and get friends

and a girlfriend

I love how some of you act as though a dance is the only way/place ever in the entire world to have fun and/or get a GF/BF.

Is it really a bad thing to dislike school dances?

I love how some of you act as though a dance is the only way/place ever in the entire world to have fun and/or get a GF/BF.

Is it really a bad thing to dislike school dances?
no

I don't go to them, too hot and too sweaty, also, all of the anti-social kids sit in the cafeteria and eat all of the snacks.

elecro she just wants you to go out and get friends

and a girlfriend

i have friends. 3 is enough for me.

I'm not into dancing, its gay as forget. Also it's 30 loving dollars for a ticket.
dancing isn't gay, unless you're a guy and like grinding on a guy or something (but even then do whatever the forget you wanna do it's a free country)

dancing has been part of human activity since our very beginnings as cave men.  it's probably one of the very basic functions of socializing with other humans, on par with laughing with others probably.  if you're not a dancing kind of person, that's fine, just don't call it something dumb or "gay as forget" bc literally it's the biggest part of almost all cultures.

2.  i can understand the annoyance of your mom pestering about you over homecoming but really, you haven't even been to a dance yet so you don't know how it'll be.  i'm willing to bet that if you don't go, you're going to hear other people talk about how fun it was and wish you went.

3.  $30 is not bad for a dance.  you get food too so that's great too.

but hey do whatever you want.  just try it though, don't be so "oh god i hate socializing" so soon.

i heard everyone talking about it in 7th and 8th grade and I still didn't give a damn.

What is a homecoming dammit

I've never heard/seen one and I have no idea what it is

is it some kind of party?

This

you damn canadians and your free healthcare

as far as i can tell it's like there's usually a big football game on a friday night and then saturday night there's a semi-formal dance at the school

my school doesn't really have a "homecoming", just event-specific semi-formals (only prom for seniors).

as far as i can tell it's like there's usually a big football game on a friday night and then saturday night there's a semi-formal dance at the school

my school doesn't really have a "homecoming", just event-specific semi-formals (only prom for seniors).
so why do they do it

*Biloveual. And I don't see what my loveuality has to do with any of this.
Whatever you want to call yourself to be "different," I don't really care. You probably think a school prom/dance is stupid because you'd be ridiculed for being with another man.

You can't blame your mom for wanting a normal child, bet it hurts her inside that her son is a reject :(

Whoever said bad dancing is unattractive is a social handicap too lmao, no one actually tries to dance for real do they? Have you ever been to a night club? Dancing is banter and is thoroughly enjoyable, if you're worried about what people think of you you need to learn to give less stuffs asap.

Whatever you want to call yourself to be "different," I don't really care. You probably think a school prom/dance is stupid because you'd be ridiculed for being with another man.
Holy forget I almost spit water all over my keyboard ahahaha.