Author Topic: PSA: Understanding "Spool-Up"  (Read 4229 times)

Server rating is needed so much. Maybe you need to stay for at least 5 (10?) minutes, or there could be a trust system that you apply for to become a server rater. Alternatively, you could sort based off of ID's, but there can be mature people with a high ID and immature people with a low ID.

As for different kinds of server, maybe you can optionally reset your ratings once a week or something.
There would be too many people giving bad ratings for trivial reasons and people giving good ratings to stuff servers just because they want to be freinds with the host.

the thing is if you're like me and you don't really have any friends who play blockland/they're never online/you don't have a quick way of contacting them it's really hard to get the first few players

although when i hosted family RPs they got filled up pretty fast just because it was a family RP, and after a while it was because the people who had come there the first few times would keep coming back and that made more new people join because the server was already half-full
but now when i've tried to host recently (even when i knew for sure my server was joinable) i didn't get more than like 2 people at a time because all the "regulars" from before had forgotten about the server and i think family RPs are getting less and less popular

There would be too many people giving bad ratings for trivial reasons and people giving good ratings to stuff servers just because they want to be freinds with the host.
there could be a trust system that you apply for to become a server rater
Badspot (or Ephialtes, more likely, as I can see this in RTB more than the main game) can just make a thread where people can post and the more mature forumers will be accepted and the less mature ones won't, or perhaps there could be a few different rankings, so that a more mature Blocklander's vote would mean more.

this only proves more that we should be able to rate servers 1/5
:O

BITCH I LIKE THIS IDEA

LIKE RATE THE HOST, THEN RATE THE PARTICULAR SESSION.  GENUIS.

Edit: wait no people would rate it fairly.  Kids would get all their friends to rate and they'd give out admin for a 5-star rating
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:10:13 PM by _Rave_ »

Specifically Selected "Rate" Team

That would be to much work for Ephi though.