Vox - Really Awful

Author Topic: Vox - Really Awful  (Read 11748 times)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txBSXXECX4M

This game is literally a complete knock-off of Cube World, sure, it's like what happened with Minecraft but this is a little more blatant. Last time i checked, this game has an active community that thinks it's the most amazing thing ever. Not to sound like a complete richardhole, but this is anything but amazing. Like really? This is just bleh, and I needed to inform others of it's existence.

I mean, at least the Minecraft-esque games aren't this awful. Like StarMade and such. Just discuss this monstrosity.

Also, it's being sold for 10 freaking dollars. That's just bad.

it's not even a remake anymore
it's just.. cube world

wtf

the walking in this game loving scarred me for life

this game has been in development for awhile.

the maker has actually made a pretty cool site thing on voxel engine creation.

https://sites.google.com/site/letsmakeavoxelengine/home

when i saw the OP i was like "oh just another cube world fanboy rant, saying every voxel game is like it" and then i clicked the video and holy stuff lol.

I thought I saw this on greenlight a while back.

lol maybe this guy wont take the money and run like mr cube world did. so glad i didnt buy that crap and fall for the hype.

lol maybe this guy wont take the money and run like mr cube world did. so glad i didnt buy that crap and fall for the hype.
Implying Cubeworld isn't worth 20 dollars? It's a privilege to have updates if you ask me. I bought it and don't regret it at all, even if he never updates.

my question is why the characters are floating over two english muffins

Implying Cubeworld isn't worth 20 dollars? It's a privilege to have updates if you ask me. I bought it and don't regret it at all, even if he never updates.
I kinda do, I would be happy if it had the building system but without it there's no reason to go back :(

I kinda do, I would be happy if it had the building system but without it there's no reason to go back :(
Well It's not like we know what happened to wollay. It seems to me he's not into communication, I mean the game came out after a long time without anything being said.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:44:04 PM by uno_da_cat »

eh, i have to give this game a little credit.
most of its elements seem purely based off of common rpgs, like the health, magic and experience bars. the crafting system is fairly simply and i dont think you could say it copies one specific game.

the creator seems very mature about how he replied to some of those youtube comments so props to him on that, he gave answers only to those who weren't directly insulting the game and even complimented someone for giving some good suggestions, even though the suggestions were put rather rudely.

though what i agree with is that the game looks far too much like cube world. no doubt vox was partially inspired by it, but i feel that people are calling it a ripoff just by the cover of the book. cube world isn't entirely original itself, mind you, but on the other hand this game seems to lean a little too far towards the way cube world plays. the vox website was redone in april this year so i can't tell how far back it goes it development, only that it was v0.38 when the website reconstruction was finished.

i can't tell how far back it goes it development, only that it was v0.38 when the website reconstruction was finished.
On Desura, the first news entry announcing its release was on September 12, 2012. (http://www.desura.com/games/vox/news)

What the forget? If you don't like Vox, don't play it. You don't have to start bitching about it.

i would regret buying it, especially since it's gypped of features. i wouldn't considering it a "privilege" for him to add in the features shown in the blogs and videos, considering they were advertised before the game was even released. its a perfect example of empty indie promises and why u shouldnt ever pay for a beta.

beta - an excuse to sell your crappy product and an excuse to allow fans to dismiss problems "its only a beta!! surely the end game won't be like this!!". there should be no "buy the full beta" option.