Author Topic: 2013/10/03 - Steam Status (Updated: 2013/12/17)  (Read 207482 times)

We need
1. something to pop up to tell people to change there name
2. some sort of first time notification on how to play the tutorial
3. some more added to the tutorial like how to talk either or the first time they are on a server have a popup telling them to press 'Keybind' to talk

We need
1. something to pop up to tell people to change there name
2. some sort of first time notification on how to play the tutorial
3. some more added to the tutorial like how to talk either or the first time they are on a server have a popup telling them to press 'Keybind' to talk

THIS.

I'm excited to see if any big reviewers or youtubers will pick up this game and create a video on it.

When you open the game or put in your ID it should instantly ask what you want to name yourself, if you don't want to- there could be a skip option.

I think you should basically be forced to run the tutorial, or at least have an option on start up.

"Would you like to try the tutorial?"

"Yes! (highly suggested" "No!"

I feel like when some people play games and don't really get any sort of introduction to the game right away they get a little lost or whatever. Typically when the player first plays the game, they should be forced to understand some of the basics so there isn't any confusion or blame.

I feel we really really need new avatar items too, people dig that stuff and it would be great to have more hats and capes and armor and all sorts of stuff!

I feel we really really need new avatar items too, people dig that stuff and it would be great to have more hats and capes and armor and all sorts of stuff!
Badspot lost the original files. Someone would need to remake the model(and animations?). I would suggest Filipe to do it, as he made the model and animations for the Jumpman playertype. Which is really similar to the default playertype's model.

We actually have the default playertype model HERE. I just think that all the animations would need to be redone after the new gear is added.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 10:25:51 AM by jes00 »

cant wait for all the new forumers! yesterday i met someone at school who just bought blockland on steam. he said he hasn't played it yet but he thinks it looks fun!  also i cant wait for some of the new talented builders that will come from steam!

cant wait for all the new forumers! yesterday i met someone at school who just bought blockland on steam. he said he hasn't played it yet but he thinks it looks fun!  also i cant wait for some of the new talented builders that will come from steam!

Can't have new forumers because they don't have a Blockland key to register with.

Can't have new forumers because they don't have a Blockland key to register with.
well ya, baddy says he working on it.

well ya, baddy says he working on it.

Ahh, alright. Wonder how long that's gonna take.

http://blockland.us/Community.html

Guys! Blockland got on steam greenlight! Vote! We can win this!

I love helping out the new players
today me and a new friend created Friend Castle where I showed him how to event and helpful building tips
this is why i love blockland
Yea, Me and Legoboss made a server on the First day of the Steam release to teach new people about stuff.
there was even a couple who just bought the game and said that what we were doing was more fun than the normal tutorial.
I think Legoboss has a picture of all the people on the server right before it crashed, will have to see if he has it though.

Oh damn, I just noticed the Skyrim Jail RP is in that promotional video briefly. Sweet!

What the hell?

Not sure if joke...

Should probably remplace that by Steam's Blockland community hub

We're losing a lot of Steam people because the game isn't authenticating and it throws them into DEMO mode. There's been a lot of complaints from people that "paid $6 for a demo" and want their money back.