Author Topic: 2013/10/03 - Steam Status (Updated: 2013/12/17)  (Read 205279 times)

What features of the game could you possibly show in under 30 seconds? The trailer needs to be atleast 3 minutes long.
at most*

1 minute to 2 minutes is a pretty good timespan

Go watch some trailers on steam. See how long you watch each one.

Go ahead.

Go ahead.
I watch the whole trailer of a game i'm interested in

Go ahead.
Any tv trailer should be no longer than around 30s, yes, but when you're browsing games and videos online 2m is usually alright as long as it keeps your attention

In my mind, at most would be around 6 minutes.
what the forget

have you ever seen a game trailer that's 3-5 minutes long

no. most people have stuffty attention spans.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:38:43 PM by Shell »

I think this is the best Blockland trailer made right now. There's some issues with it, like bad camera angles when showing building and eventing. It also does a lacklustre job of making sense of the game types it shows and illustrating the scope and scale of builds possible. If anyone's going to make a trailer, be sure to show building with other people and the giant stuff you can build. Just an idea, but a bird's eye view snap zoom out from the roof of a previously shown building as a huge city build (with clearly seen default road baseplates) loads around it would look pretty cool.

e: fixed the link
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:02:14 PM by Toadzard »

I think this is the best Blockland trailer made right now. There's some issues with it, like bad camera angles when showing building and eventing. It also does a lacklustre job of making sense of the game types it shows and illustrating the scope and scale of builds possible. If anyone's going to make a trailer, be sure to show building with other people and the giant stuff you can build. Just an idea, but a bird's eye view snap zoom out from the roof of a previously shown building as a huge city build (with clearly seen default road baseplates) loads around it would look pretty cool.
link fixed

we can't use that trailer for some reasons:

1. Terrain

wow I would have never guessed

yeah well watch out because you probably didn't think of this one either

2. no presentation of shadows/shaders

yeah well watch out because you probably didn't think of this one either

2. no presentation of shadows/shaders
Dude, how can anybody forget the ability to...

Change the environment and lighting in real time!

I could work on a trailer, my PC gets amazing FPS and won't lag at all unless its a internet issue.
I can run everything on high.