2013/10/03 - Steam Status (Updated: 2013/12/17)

Author Topic: 2013/10/03 - Steam Status (Updated: 2013/12/17)  (Read 205281 times)

if your trailer is more than 30 seconds long, dont even post it.
what a load of stuff

what a load of stuff
I may have been exaggerating with 30 seconds.
Just seeing so many 3 minute + videos claiming to be trailers.

As said previously in this thread countless times, people have low attention spans. If you want people to buy your product, they need to know about it in a short amount of time.

Marketing 101

As said previously in this thread countless times, people have low attention spans. If you want people to buy your product, they need to know about it in a short amount of time.

Marketing 101
that's not some golden rule, dont know how much marketing experience you have lol

it depends on your hook and the quality of the content. if i enjoy what i'm watching, the time it goes for is pretty much irrelevant (within reason obviously). sure, if you've got no hook and the video is stuff, then start looking at the length but otherwise quality should be the driver here

edit: also worth noting that people looking to purchase some generic "product" have very different motivators from people looking to purchase a game for entertainment. it's not a compatible brown townogy
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:46:37 AM by DiceyGrammar »

As said previously in this thread countless times, people have low attention spans.

Where was this? I reread the thread thoroughly and there was no post before this one even hinting towards people's attention spans.

I may have been exaggerating with 30 seconds.
Just seeing so many 3 minute + videos claiming to be trailers.

Marketing 101
The average trailer duration is 2 minutes and 31 seconds.

Trailers shouldn't be long if they're very boring.

Eski's trailer had lots of action and scenes, I remember watching the whole thing without a problem.

i now know everything

and so the trailer war began

If you put tezunis server in the trailer its out of the question in my book.

I'd be willing to bet that most people tune out about a minute~ through.

I'd be willing to bet that most people tune out about a minute~ through.

nice job ignoring boltster's post

daaaamn
I expected at least 75% people to finish

I'd say a trailer can go on longer than a minute, but the first thirty seconds are going to be especially important. Start strong, build fast, and make a point before they decide to click on something else. It seems I should have been more concise.