2013/10/03 - Steam Status (Updated: 2013/12/17)

Author Topic: 2013/10/03 - Steam Status (Updated: 2013/12/17)  (Read 205263 times)

That damned health bar...

Floating through ACM City at 854x480 resolution in the ugliest environment with lights popping in and out

Let's not do that idea

Floating through ACM City at 854x480 resolution in the ugliest environment with lights popping in and out

Let's not do that idea
Indeed

Let's not do that idea
haha maybe not!

I never knew what I was doing back then
It's painfully obvious and you're condescending for having given it

I can't stop thinking about it.
Trailers are not about copying things, they're about being effective
Advice is about telling people something helpful, not something completely intuitive
Cars are not for eating dinner, they're for moving from one place to another

Are you a half-assed brown townyst like me, where you sometimes just say bullstuff that sounds vaguely like it might be helpful or insightful so you can feel like you contributed in some way, when it would have been equally effective to shout SKY'S BLUE, DUMBASS?

Final word,

if the trailer will:

be more tightly edited,
get its point across effectively in a shorter time,
keep more of its audience seeing a greater amount of what there is to show,
be easier for someone with goals beyond "please existing players" to create,

it's gonna be shorter.

Trust me, it won't just be a duplicate of the old one with shadows added and 43 seconds chopped off the end.

While we're being obvious, I hope you're aware that the majority of Blockland players are kids. Let me explain why I gave that obvious advice. Blockland is a place where people make one of their first models, scripts and add-ons. So when the creator of a game says he needs a trailer, there's a rush to hopefully be the star and have your creation be treated as official and on par with something you adore. That's fine. It's motivation to make something good. Ever since I started playing in V8, the game has never held a standard of performance or ability because you're never punished by the game if you make something bad. The only "bad" things that can happen are social and happen on the forums, on multiplayer servers or whatever. Still being obvious with me? Okay, good. I don't remember Badspot ever posting in Gallery threads (but I'm pretty sure he has in Add Ons threads when warning that something may break your game or something) and I think it's because he wants to keep that feeling of freedom of playing and making whatever you like. I don't think he wants his cult of personality as creator of the game to influence the enjoyment of people too much. If he has said something like "this build is stuff, don't play my game ever again" please show me. I'm mentioning Badspot so much because I think the same "make what you want" attitude with the game translates into other Blockland media.

Blockland is a game played mostly by kids. The same kids who make their first models, scripts and add-ons for it will probably also make one of their first trailers and movie projects for it too. My advice was obvious to you and it sure as stuff wasn't entertaining to write, but realize that people can have a lot of "firsts" related to this game and that's why I was talking about baby steps. No one wants any amount of bad quality projects, regardless of whether the creator of the game wants to acknowledge a favourite or not. That's why I think there will be a lot of "first" trailers made by hopefuls. I don't see why you have to be so loving venomous on an internet forum dedicated to a game about playing with a virtual toy. Makes me feel kind of bad for you if you can't relax over something so petty.

snipperdeedoobop

possibly the most influential post i've ever read on this forum.

well duh, but how is the game supposed to tell the difference from a wooden 1x1f from a metal 1x1f
Everything in Blockland is made of plastic. :I

Everything in Blockland is made of plastic. :I
He means what the brick is suppose to be in the build.

A little but late, but this is awesome.

For the trailer, I want Rotondo to make it.

Team Rotondo!  :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 04:45:12 AM by BlockoBlocko »

A little but late, but this is awesome.

For the trailer, I want Rotondo or Eksi to make it.
i never saw any of rotondos movies before