Author Topic: Big Brother's Business World Revived  (Read 2972 times)

Big Brother's Business World Revived

The odd few of you may remember my Business RP from a year ago. I have brought it back, ten times as good as it was before. The main focus of this server is investing in the stock market, which has been simplified so even the younger users can get a feel for investments and shareholding. This server will be hosted in arbitrary rotation with  my Draw Something server. Here are a few facts about the server.

Firstly, one of the main sub-mechanics is that you can get jobs here. Most of the jobs are displayed on the main board and can be accessed for a minimal fee. Payment is typically given out by me or by your boss. Here's a picture of the board you'll be working with.

The fourth column is the job column.
P - Player
E - Employee {100 credit fee}
M - Manager {2000 credit fee}
A - Automobile Servicer {2000 credit fee}
S - Stock Market Educator {100 credit fee}
* - Illuminati {2 prestiges required}
C - Constructor {100 credit fee}
B - Business Owner {100 credit fee}

Admin Stuff - Only read this if you want to save the build

As you can see in the image, a LOT less buttons are required in this version than the last version.

There are six red Host-only bricks which aren't important to know unless you save this build and load it on your own server. The top left adds a new stock.
The syntax is '<stock name> <lowest fluctuation> <highest fluctuation>'. For example, "BRO -10 8" would give a new stock called BRO a fluctuation of -10 to 8 per tick.

The next admin brick to the right of this one saves all of the current stocks to your player. The one next to it loads them. This is important to have if you'd like to keep the same stock when you happen to restart the server. You'll need to manually reset the values of each, though. We'll get onto that.

The second row is next. The first one on this row resets all of the stock values to the same amount. The syntax is just a number in regular chat, and then you click the brick that looks like ">".

The next brick on the second row grants credits to a player. Syntax is 'name in regular chat and value of credits in team chat'. The player receives these credits by clicking the @. For example, typing Big Brother in regular chat and 100 in team chat would grant me 100 credits.

The final brick on this row adds a value to specific stock. E.G "BRO 5" would add 5 to BRO.

What each brick does

All of the bricks have little question marks above them, to help you figure out what they do.

"?" - Displays the values of all of the stocks. Type [Help] and click this however, and it will display some quick tips.
"C" - Displays your credit worth. If you have no credits, it'll give you some.
"S" - Saves stuff (Not compatible if you save and host this game)
"L" - Loads stuff (Not compatible if you save and host this game)
"R" - Rank / Prestige
"@" - Receive credits if they were granted by an admin

"+" - Buy stock, syntax is "BRO 5"
"-" - Sell stock, syntax is the same
"!" - Brief statistics
"Upward Arrow" - Trigger a stock market alteration
"#" - Probably don't need to know about this one
"=" - Check how much it would cost to purchase a specific stock. E.G "BRO 5" would tell you how much it would cost to buy 5 shares in BRO.
"%" - If you happen to save the bricks to this server, you'll need to manually revamp this brick. It displays how much of each stock you have specific to my server, as well as how much you've gained from each stock, too. Unless you have the exact same stocks as my server, this will be a problem.
"F" - Fix stocks below a value of 100. When stocks go below 100, they cannot be purchased because they are too unsuccessful. When you click this brick, each stock it finds below 100 will be set to 100 and you'll also gain 5 credits per stock fixed.

Scoreboard
1.-
2.-
3.-

I understand I'm bad at explaining things. In which case, join the server for yourself. Usually, lots of well experienced players are online to help you. When they help people, they are also rewarded with credits.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 04:34:40 PM by Big Brøther »

Oh I saw this on the server list... Might visit soon!

server is constantly empty. What gives?

people are intimidated by using their heads  :cookieMonster:

Wow I remember playing with you and seeing this a few years ago before it was finished.

c'mon lurkers, join the serv! i didnt spend days eventing for you to just look at it  :cookieMonster:

Because playing stock markets is just so much fun!
But really, your giving the people who play Blockland too much credit for saying they just don't want to use their heads...

Because playing stock markets is just so much fun!
But really, your giving the people who play Blockland too much credit for saying they just don't want to use their heads...
its about as much fun as any other RP involving money. it makes you use your head and its an interesting and unique new take on an RP.

This is fun to play, and only takes a few minutes to get the hang of (not sure if that's good or bad)

I still feel like a GUI would be more fun to use, but you're just as good at eventing it too. Maybe some kind of stock graph?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:03:00 PM by Racerboy »

This is fun to play, and only takes a few minutes to get the hang of (not sure if that's good or bad)

I still feel like a GUI would be more fun to use, but you're just as good at eventing it too. Maybe some kind of stock graph?
Stock graph is planned for the future.

I thought there was gonna be a big stock board which was updated on a timer like all nicely scripted and such.
Sorry to say, but I was thoroughly disappointed :(

However, looking at the actions the bricks perform and being that this is all evented, I commend the effort and eventing skill which would be needed in order to do something like this.

Oh, and not being able to jump on this server was really annoying (once I clicked a button though and it disabled my movement and then reenabled it I got my jumping back)

I thought there was gonna be a big stock board which was updated on a timer like all nicely scripted and such.
Sorry to say, but I was thoroughly disappointed :(

well there is a picture in the op...

well there is a picture in the op...
I thought that was like, just spawn or the admin controls or something.
Had no idea that was the entire thing :x

I thought that was like, just spawn or the admin controls or something.
Had no idea that was the entire thing :x
you must have read none of the op then..what do you propose I add?