1 (7.7%)
I dont know
1 (7.7%)
Absolutely no
2 (15.4%)
Absolutely YES
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Customizable weapons  (Read 1573 times)

My idea,is that you can customize all kinds of weapons,Maybe if you press something,you can customize it,For example: AK47 ACOG scope,Silencer,Extended clip and so forth.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a hard thing to make on my opinion,but it would make a good source for Death matches Leave your ideas in the comments,And if someone is willing to make this,Thank you,you will be needed.

i think this is possible with Flipe's car customizer idea...
/support

You would require a separate model file and datablock for every single possible customization. The only thing you can customize without doing so is the overall color of the weapon, but that still requires extra textures for every available color.

basically its hugely impractical and the feature wouldnt cause the customized guns to behave differently enough to justify all of the datablocks you'd use up

if you could mount images on guns then this'd be much more feasible
also it's a magazine, not a clip.
a way to remember is that you load magazines with clips.

you know actually we could mount a playertype to the hand the customized gun is in, hide/recolor nodes on the playertype and have the gun's image take care of any actual gun processes (shooting, reloading, etc)

basically the playertype would just serve as a model

mount a playertype to the hand
ahah
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

okay, but then the only changes'd be cosmetic then right?

One guy actually managed to achieve this.
Jake3
No idea if he's on anymore, but I know he's not giving out the pack with the stuff on it.

most of the changes would be cosmetic anyway

we could use an onFire script to change sounds, projectiles, spread

you know actually we could mount a playertype to the hand the customized gun is in, hide/recolor nodes on the playertype and have the gun's image take care of any actual gun processes (shooting, reloading, etc)

basically the playertype would just serve as a model
most of the changes would be cosmetic anyway

we could use an onFire script to change sounds, projectiles, spread
Do it.

This was a better suggestion than jaegers from pacific rim,and my idea would be, that you open a menu with the options in them.but it would reguire alot of work,also.minigun+customizing=fun

Do it.
now to make models? Also. T+T minigun please yes thank you good night