Why is my Webpage not working?

Author Topic: Why is my Webpage not working?  (Read 2712 times)

So today I bought this book where it is explained how to set up Wamp Server to make a web page available to the rest of the world. I made my webpage and put it all in the www directory and I port forwarded ports 80 and 8080 and everything was working, i had 89.70.241.150:80 and :8080 working properly until I connected my network cable to my big computer (I am using my laptop atm) where I wanted to set up the server (it has better cooling and a better processor and it is set up to run servers) and everything went to stuff, I mean the localhost is still displaying my webpages but I can't connect to my IP. I tried restarting my computor but nothing. I have ServerName to my IP adress and Listen *:80 and *:8080 and all the ports forwarded (I checked twice) but still nothing is working. I know I shouldn ask a computer/networking forum but I don't want to make a billion accounts and get spam in my email. Also I am a big noob when it comes to networking. I tried asking my brother but he doesn't know too, he tried fixing it but still nothing.
Any help is appreciated.

Are you 100% sure that your ports are open? I always have trouble with my firewall blocking ports when I open them.

Add me on Steam. [TPN] Steve5451.

Are you 100% sure that your ports are open? I always have trouble with my firewall blocking ports when I open them.

Picutre taken right from 192.168.0.1.

Just because you port forwarded your ports doesn't mean they are completely open, some things (like firewalls) will still block them. I'm guessing you didn't set your firewall up correctly to let the ports past.

I think something isn't allowed, how do I allow it?

Edit: I allowed the Apache HTTP but the IP is still not working
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 02:10:31 PM by Spoonz »

Some ISPs don't allow web server hosting and block port 80
Or could be a firewall

Or could be a firewall
As I said it worked for some time but then it stopped working

Or could be a firewall
Try to configure Wampserver or Apache to work with a port other than 80 or 8080, such as 9000.
Then type this to get to your web site:
http://89.70.241.150:9000/.

I put the whole server to my server computer and now it works :D
Thanks anyway guys

ISPs commonly block 80, 8080, 25, and 110. Try port 9000, like Hammer said.