Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 121247 times)

How do I make it so that people have their own storage that other people cannot use (like for a bank)?
EDIT: I also want to know how to activate encumbrance.
Whenever a new storage brick is created / saved, it defaults to being "Private" - meaning only the person who saved it can use it. You would have to also allow events to be used by all players, so that they can set up inventories using the "IS_StoreItems" output event. With the next update however, it should be easy to both set up and lock personal containers.

To enable encumbrance, all you have to do is set up a keybind to open the Settings Manager GUI. Then, select the "Enable Encumbrance" option and click "Save / Apply". =)

You will be adding crafting right?
That will be so helpful

You will be adding crafting right?
That will be so helpful
Yes, crafting will definitely be added. There will also be various items included with the mod that can be used for both default and custom crafting recipes.

Made some progress w/ version 5! The backpack and other mobile storage containers will give you the option of planting them as a brick, which will allow you to access their inventories as bricks rather than transportable items (you will also be able pick them up later at any time). I was able to convert the backpack item to the brick format, so now only the scripts need to be finished. I also began experimenting with a model for one of the storage bricks:

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 11:55:33 AM by [GSF]Ghost »

Oh god I can't wait  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

I hope this makes it on BL glass.
Also, is the backpack size going to be the same or will it be changed?

I hope this makes it on BL glass.
Also, is the backpack size going to be the same or will it be changed?
I'm planning on adding various backpacks and sizes - the main one will be increased to 10 slots, and I might give some backpacks even more inventory space; it all depends on testing later, to make sure everything is balanced. I'm still taking a break from add-on development, but I'll post another update when I resume working on it.

Guys i hope this will be default as soon as possible. Keep up good work.

Will there be a feature for players to open the same brick inventory but each player has their own private instance of the inventory, like a bank vault of sorts?

I'm planning on adding various backpacks and sizes - the main one will be increased to 10 slots, and I might give some backpacks even more inventory space; it all depends on testing later, to make sure everything is balanced. I'm still taking a break from add-on development, but I'll post another update when I resume working on it.
Thanks. Btw, I think you deserve the break. :)
When you release it, I'm planning on adding craftable weapons to my server.

Will there be a feature for players to open the same brick inventory but each player has their own private instance of the inventory, like a bank vault of sorts?
I haven't thought about it, but that's an interesting concept. I want to be careful not to over complicate the add-on like I did in version 4, but I'll consider adding that functionality with the next update.

Thanks. Btw, I think you deserve the break. :)
When you release it, I'm planning on adding craftable weapons to my server.
No problem. =) And yeah, I was planning on resting from add-on development for a while after the release of PTG, but then I immediately began working on various patches, the next update for the generator and other small add-ons lol; a break is very much needed.

Crafting is going to be really interesting, you'll be able to either craft parts for specific items, or the items themselves using those parts and a binding item. For instance, if you wanted to craft a spear, you could combine a spearhead, two sticks and rope to bind them. It's still a work in progress and you'll be able to customize it how you want, but so far that's how I'm thinking it'll work. :)

Cool, sometimes it remind me Minecraft, but here it could be really useful function... :3
Everything reminds you of minecraft.

Also, good addon!

Anything related to blocks. digging, crafting or sandbox reminds everyone of Minecraft and then they call it a ripoff of Minecraft because they can.
fixed your quote

You should make this compatible with Offline mode.

You should make this compatible with Offline mode.
I don't see how it's not compatible...? whats wrong with offline mode?