Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 121180 times)

also, this isn't Item Storage anymore. This should be called something like Items+
nah it's fine as it is
oh yeah I forgot about the crafting and stuff, that's probably not a bad idea actually
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 05:05:18 PM by gr8dayseth »

that update will be jesus to my RPG.
can you go into more depth about the crafting? like how recipes can be created?

that update will be jesus to my Zombie Zurvival.

Omg yes, the hype is real
In this update, will the option of requiring a backpack item still be included? if so, what size of backpack will you have?
Yes, I'm not sure yet about allowing players to access a backpack inventory without actually having the item in their inventory. But, there will be at least 8 different backpacks to choose from - each will have a different inventory size, allowing players to carry anywhere from 10 to 24 items. With the addition of small containers, players would easily be able to carry around 100 items or more, but would have to constantly switch containers between their backpack and player inventory to access the items.

If there is alpha/beta pls gib
A public version for testing isn't ready just yet, but a lot of what was shown off is already working or almost done. :)

How about a special and separate weapon pack for the crafting thing?
I might include craftable items with the add-on, along with default recipes built in. It'll also be very easy to create custom recipes for third party content.

also, this isn't Item Storage anymore. This should be called something like Items+
nah it's fine as it is
oh yeah I forgot about the crafting and stuff, that's probably not a bad idea actually
I was thinking about renaming it to RPGs Extended (RPGx), since it adds a lot of new features that can be used by existing RPGs. I can always change it to something else later on, but I've already added RPGx to just about every function name, GUI and object lol.

that update will be jesus to my RPG.
Sure, I was originally thinking of having like a drafting table, with a separate interface for creating recipes. But, I think it would be easier to just add the items you want to use in your custom recipe to the crafting interface (as if you were using a recipe that already existed). You would then put the resultant item you want to be created in the output slot of the GUI and type a server command - like /CreateRecipe, which would instantly apply the new recipe to the server. Another command could be added as well for removing recipes (both would be Super Admin only).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:41:51 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

I'm not sure yet about allowing players to access a backpack inventory without actually having the item in their inventory.
You DO know that this feature is in v4, right? I'm guessing you're probably going to remove this feature, but if you arent could you add a config to set which size of "backpack" everyone will have?
I was thinking about renaming it to RPGs Extended (RPGx)
Go for it
A public version for testing isn't ready just yet, but a lot of what was shown off is already working or almost done. :)
aww
Welp, all aboard the hype train

Sure, I was originally thinking of having like a drafting table, with a separate interface for creating recipes. But, I think it would be easier to just add the items you want to use in your custom recipe to the crafting interface (as if you were using a recipe that already existed). You would then put the resultant item you want to be created in the output slot of the GUI and type a server command - like /CreateRecipe, which would instantly apply the new recipe to the server. Another command could be added as well for removing recipes (both would be Super Admin only).
alright, that sounds good, but I think that the commands should be host only. for creating the items though, sort of how you said it, there could be a grid, and each square will show the player a dropdown with a list of items to choose from and combine. the output can be selected from a dropdown as well.

alright, that sounds good, but I think that the commands should be host only. for creating the items though, sort of how you said it, there could be a grid, and each square will show the player a dropdown with a list of items to choose from and combine. the output can be selected from a dropdown as well.
I think only one person managing these might be good, but i think for a dedicated server the host may not always be able to get online for it so maybe not admins, but super admins (and host ofc)?

You DO know that this feature is in v4, right? I'm guessing you're probably going to remove this feature, but if you arent could you add a config to set which size of "backpack"
Yeah, I meant I was planning on removing it lol. We'll see; I may add support for a custom player inventory size in addition to the backpacks.

I think only one person managing these might be good, but i think for a dedicated server the host may not always be able to get online for it so maybe not admins, but super admins (and host ofc)?
I can make it host only if needed, but sometimes players rent keys for their dedicated servers, and the host check functions used by some of my mods and other mods don't recognize them as the host on those servers. Adding support for Super Admins would prevent that issue with rented keys, and would allow other players you trust to also manage settings for the add-on when you're not present.

You should totally make a system where you can't build bricks normally, you have to craft them with items

like say you have a stone item, you can craft grey bricks, and if you have a wood item, you can craft brown bricks

The tutorial videos are unavailable for some reason.

V5 is looking cool!
With the new crafting system, I may need to revive my Blockland The Escapists gamemode. Crafting was the major brick wall with that.

For this very purpose. could you include an item that you can't drop, similar to the backpack but with no model, and when you activate it, it opens a crafting GUI with three crafting slots? Kinda like this

☐ ☐ ☐
->   ☐

Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:34:42 AM by EV0_ »

There are some testers wanting to help test the v5 Item Storage. Can you post a link to the current indev?

You should totally make a system where you can't build bricks normally, you have to craft them with items

like say you have a stone item, you can craft grey bricks, and if you have a wood item, you can craft brown bricks
That's a great idea. I was thinking of adding something like that and it wouldn't be overly difficult - you could carry stacks of bricks similar to item stacks, and they can be planted similar to how the backpack and small containers can. I might not be able to add this functionality in v5, but maybe in a future update.

The tutorial videos are unavailable for some reason.
I took my channel down recently since my account's security was compromised, but I may bring it back up later on and reupload the tutorials.

V5 is looking cool!
With the new crafting system, I may need to revive my Blockland The Escapists gamemode. Crafting was the major brick wall with that.

For this very purpose. could you include an item that you can't drop, similar to the backpack but with no model, and when you activate it, it opens a crafting GUI with three crafting slots? Kinda like this

☐ ☐ ☐
->   ☐

Thank you very much!
Thanks :) And we'll see, it all depends how long the other features take to implement.

There are some testers wanting to help test the v5 Item Storage. Can you post a link to the current indev?
A public version isn't ready for testing just yet, but I'll post an open Beta in General Discussion when it's close to being done.

Do you have an ETA date for V5 yet?