☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)

Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 121178 times)

Idea: What about vehicle inventories? Could it be done?

Maybe the vehicle's inventory space is proportional to the vehicle's size?
Or something so that small vehicles, like motorbikes, can't hold as much stuff as a cargo truck.
Or have it work so that vehicle makers can determine the storage size in the vehicle's .cs file.

Thank you so much for this, I can't wait for the next update :)
No problem.

Idea: What about vehicle inventories? Could it be done?

Maybe the vehicle's inventory space is proportional to the vehicle's size?
Or something so that small vehicles, like motorbikes, can't hold as much stuff as a cargo truck.
Or have it work so that vehicle makers can determine the storage size in the vehicle's .cs file.
Actually, you'll be able to create vehicle inventories with the next update. It will technically be handled through the spawn brick, but you could use the onVehicleActivated event and setup the appropriate inventory size - would that work?

Actually, you'll be able to create vehicle inventories with the next update. It will technically be handled through the spawn brick, but you could use the onVehicleActivated event and setup the appropriate inventory size - would that work?

Oh that's cool, yeah that will work nicely. You're doing an amazing job on this.

Oh that's cool, yeah that will work nicely. You're doing an amazing job on this.
Thanks Phydeoux.

BUMP: The update is just about done! I'll be hosting a public beta tomorrow if anyone wants to help test or give feedback. Client files will be posted later.

BUMP: The update is just about done! I'll be hosting a public beta tomorrow if anyone wants to help test or give feedback. Client files will be posted later.

Ill try and be there.

Alright, the beta server is up! Here are the client files (make sure you backup your old System_ItemStorage.zip folder; the client files will replace the old folder and will only work on my server):

DropBox (v2 - BETA - 23kb): https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xs26nire2jhj4i/System_ItemStorage.zip
Or, MediaFire MIRROR (v2 - BETA - 23kb): http://www.mediafire.com/download/9hnbrrmwmii0509/System_ItemStorage.zip

(beta is over)

I'll also be hosting a new ModTer build I've been working on:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:50:02 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

I'll be coming to see this.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:51:20 PM by Pecon »

Oops... :/ It's fixed now.

Suggestion.

Could you make the backpack a server mod instead of an item? Or perhaps both toggleable via RTB?
Also, why don't I drop my full backpack inventory when I drop the item? Wouldn't that be the purpose of it being an item?

Suggestion.

Could you make the backpack a server mod instead of an item? Or perhaps both toggleable via RTB?
Also, why don't I drop my full backpack inventory when I drop the item? Wouldn't that be the purpose of it being an item?
Sure, I can add a toggle option for whether or not to require the backpack. And I can include that feature, but I thought how it's setup currently was the best solution, since everyone is limited to one backpack save.

My only issue with the current set up is that the backpack eats up an inventory spot. One that Id want to use for other items.

Also, do you think it would be a neat effect if when the player opens their inventory, the player holds the backpack out as a visual?

Also, do you think it would be a neat effect if when the player opens their inventory, the player holds the backpack out as a visual?
Sorta like the L4B health pack? that'd be interesting.
/support

Edit: any clue as to when the backpack update is coming up?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 01:08:54 PM by the_stitch »

Also, are there any shop like events planned for storage events?
What I mean by that is: events that call when a player takes something out/ puts something into a storage event AKA: "the shop".

My only issue with the current set up is that the backpack eats up an inventory spot. One that Id want to use for other items.

I just added a toggle option for whether or not to require the backpack item to use the separate inventory GUI. And it's already setup so that the avatar holds out the backpack, but I'll set it up to also force the backpack out if you use the keybind instead.

Also, are there any shop like events planned for storage events?
What I mean by that is: events that call when a player takes something out/ puts something into a storage event AKA: "the shop".
It does feature a transfer event, which can be used with VCE. It also includes input events for detecting if an item is added or removed from the brick's inventory in the GUI, as well as an input event to detect if an item is transferred successfully using the output transfer event.

Sorta like the L4B health pack? that'd be interesting.
/support

Edit: any clue as to when the backpack update is coming up?
If all goes well, in about 2-3 days; not much longer.

Version 2 is done and has been submitted to RTB! You can download it now, or wait for the RTB staff to review/approve it. (Event examples and download link can be found on the original post.)

Item Storage Add-On (v2)

Interactive GUI and events that allow you to store items in bricks, backpacks, vehicles and bots!

Change Log:
  • Added a help manual, included in the add-on’s .zip folder.
  • Added backpack item with separate storage GUI, with host options of toggling backpack storage and toggling whether or not to require the item in order to use the backpack inventory GUI.
  • Altered the inventory access system to now use the brick’s name as the inventory save name.
  • Added new inventory GUIs that seamlessly integrate with backpack GUI. The number of players viewing the same brick’s inventory has also been integrated into the brick inventory GUI (it auto updates whenever someone opens or closes the GUI).
  • Altered save system to divide saves up into separate files (should be faster and allow for more items)
  • 18 new input/output events that will allow for many different possibilities (such as crafting systems, NPC and vehicle inventories, pickpocketing, GUI-based stores, brick-based stores, etc.). Changes to brick inventories via events are instantly applied to all relative player GUIs.  (When using random items for certain events, the wrench is automatically prevented from being selected.)
  • Added instant access updating, in which changes are immediately applied to other players viewing that brick’s inventory.
  • Added a new, separate spam filter for events, with host options of canceling event-spam routines and clearing the events for that brick if it continues.
  • Added a remote access option, that enables/disables accessing a brick’s inventory from other bricks (useful for bot inventories).
  • Fixed resaving deleted saves (if you are viewing a brick’s inventory while it gets deleted, you have the option of resaving that deleted save with you being the new owner – if the access permissions allow).
  • Added a “Blacklist” response to spammers, along with a new blacklist manager GUI. Also added a “None” option just encase you want to disable the spam filter (i.e. if the server chat is being flooded with warning messages).
  • Added a relay script that detects if spawned players have downloaded the most recent version of the add-on. If they haven’t, it’ll notify them to download it from RTB whenever they try to use events for this add-on. If they try to use server commands and have an outdated version, it’ll notify them to update.
  • Added a new, more efficient Refresh script in which you tell the server the two cells you altered and it sends the two corresponding items to your (and anyone else’s) GUIs. Item-Authentication and constant loading of inventory saves are no longer necessary.
  • Fixed issue with message boxes appearing under GUIs (a new message box interface has also been added which uses synopsis icons).
  • Misc. fixes/improvements: removed restriction of listing all saves in all files, added new file options for listing saves, fixed overflow text list issue for both save manager GUIs, etc.
  • Added “Number of Items” and “Remote Access” values to returned save-listings (for both host and non-host clients).
  • Listing saves now accounts for the network strings limit built into the engine; there is a hard-limit of 20 saves per request. Also, saves will not be added to your GUI list if the save data is cut short.
  • Fixed issue with host’s Saves Manager not immediately referencing loaded GUI settings.
  • Simplified the Quick Introduction GUI.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 12:15:30 PM by [GSF]Ghost »