Author Topic: Photshop/Blender/Zbrush/Artwork  (Read 8174 times)

How good is gimp compared to photoshop?

How good is gimp compared to photoshop?
Well I only use gimp and I can do some pretty good things.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 09:45:58 PM by Titanium Man »

GIMP tries to keep up with Photoshop fairly well when it comes to features.

Well I only use gimp and I can do some pretty good things.

They are both image editing tools, Photoshop has a few more features but for the most part you can do the same thing in both. It all depends on how you use it. A good artist and interchange between both and it won't change the quality of his/her work. Yes Photoshop can do a few more things than Gimp, but it doesn't automatically make it superior.

nienhaus1, nice work!

photoshop cs2 is free
i know that, but is it legal to download it?

i know that, but is it legal to download it?
well it comes from their site and they give you a free key so uh yolo

what are you talking about? you can still buy it fully
http://shop.adobe.com/store/adbehme/en_IE/pd/ProductID.249257900/Currency.USD
That doesn't receive updates anymore.  Latest version is CC.

i can do some cool stuff with paint.NET, give me an image and what to do and some time and i could do something as cool as photoshop

i can do some cool stuff with paint.NET, give me an image and what to do and some time and i could do something as cool as photoshop

I've never used paint.NET, I've heard some stuff about it but not much. Is it a decent program? It sounds like it's better at digital painting that Gimp is. Gimp can't support digital painting for it's life. It's not efficient enough.

I've never used paint.NET, I've heard some stuff about it but not much. Is it a decent program? It sounds like it's better at digital painting that Gimp is. Gimp can't support digital painting for it's life. It's not efficient enough.
I have used paint.NET once and thought it was pretty nice but I have been using Gimp for about 5 or 6 years now and it's pretty good I think.

Dwarf! Make some more awesomeness!