Author Topic: [BETA RELEASE] Quake-Type Weapons & Energy Shields  (Read 19599 times)

here are some mods i would release in the add-ons section if it werent for the fact that they are technically unfinished

hint hint

hint someone should help me finish them

hint

Quake-Type Weapons
a (HUGE) pack of weapons designed for crazypants quake type tdms.

blow up your friends with the Missile Storm, riddle them with the Super Shotgun or run them through with the Railgun; or, go a little less traditional with the Saw Tomahawk, Warhead Launcher, or the crowd favorite Rocket Punch. the possibilities are basically endless, and even endlessier because none of them use ammo

the weapons are split into two functional tiers, but the only one that's worth noting is that the Shotgun, Machine Gun and Twin Bayonets are all secondary weapons. everything else you can throw wherever cause they're all primaries it should be fine

also, note that these weapons are super unbalanced for normal gameplay; i use them with energy shields. specifically the 50-HP shield, because it regenerates quickly and gives you a nice big buffer against anything that isn't a point-blank shotgun blast and afterburn

requires tf2 crits (i think)

credit to Aloshi (for the tracer script) and possibly a bunch of other people whose names escape me at the moment

needs item icons, cis. (and a screenshot.)

Download Quake-Type Weapons

Energy Shields
passive shields that protect you from damage (for use in crazypants quake-type dms)

electrical 50-point and 400-point shields that protect you from damage and prevent spill-over as long as you have charge left. as long as you have one in your inventory, you'll use it automatically whenever you get hit; the item is just there for you to know that you have it. in addition, you'll always use the first shield you picked up. they're somewhat similar to borderlands shields or halo shields

the item itself is useless by the way so don't try to use it manually, it's a passive thing. seriously as long as you have it in your inventory you should be fine

very easy to fine-tune. Rkynick did the coding, i just did all the artsy fartsy stuff like sounds and... art. check the scripts for more details.

needs item icons, (screenshots?)

Download Energy Shields

Valve-Like Player
slightly faster then normal playertype who excels at dodging and also not failing to jump over chest high walls

a playertype i made because i got frustrated with the quake-like player's speed and inability to surmount low obstacles. he's slightly faster then the normal player- not enough to throw you off but enough for you to notice. i use him all the time on my server

needs... nothing, really. i just don't wanna release this because it's such a simple modification, but its also fairly integral to the quake-type playstyle. it's sort of a morton's fork.

Download Valve-Like Player

omg yes.
Will test now.

Also I'll post in-game pictures of the weapons once I get blockland started.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 09:57:52 PM by gr8dayseth »

forget yeah, the moment we've all been waiting for

can't wait to toy with these

Jesus how many weapons are in that pack

Pics will be uploaded in a minute, but photobucket decided to mix them up, so I'll find the names for each one after I post them.
I'll at least put the names of the ones I know of.

Done.
[Image heavy!]
(Weapon names are BELOW pictures of them)

Burn Mortar

Twin Bayonets

Warhead Launcher

Twin Spam Rifle

Super Shotgun

Twin Magnums

Static Beam

Spiral Missle

Shotgun

Sniper Rifle

Sawblade Launcher

Rocket Puncher

Rotary Grenade

Railgun

INFINITY BIG BANG STORM

Missle Storm

Heater Cannon

Flamethrower

Missle L.

Saw! Tomahawk!!

Machine Gun

Chaingun

Drunken Rockets

Also you can use/edit these for icons.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 11:03:52 PM by gr8dayseth »

since khain and those other folks haven't given me any updates on h&k yet i'll go ahead and make you icons and cis for these

at a glance, which style would you prefer
or
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 11:03:42 PM by .::Taboo::. »

Also the light effect for the shields is blinding.
at a glance, which style would you prefer
ik it's bushido's choice, but I like the second one better, you can see what the weapon is rather than a simple outline.

my own preference is the left because of its default like simplicity (and also because it's easier to render)

holy crud this is satisfying
That weapon is so hilarious.
I like how when you fire it you go 500mph backwards. :p

omfg

Bushi cnai hug??????

I am in love with all these.