Advanced Help - v0.3 now has a blacklist

Author Topic: Advanced Help - v0.3 now has a blacklist  (Read 2770 times)

Advanced Help v0.3
For all those forgetful commands

About
Ever forget those pesky commands that are from the new add-on you just got? Well what I have here might do the trick! The purpose of this add-on is to gather all the commands that are usable on your server and give you as much information as possible about them.

This add-on does not deserve a fancy topic at all.

How-to
When in your server and this add-on is enabled you can use the command /AdvHelp. There are 2 options within that command. You can view the different 'pages' of commands by typing /AdvHelp Page # or /AdvHelp P #. Or you can use /AdvHelp [command]. Don't put [] on it, but you put the command you want to view the help for. It will give you a list of parameters that it could gather.

Commands
  • /AdvHelp Page # or /AdvHelp P # - Pages of commands
  • /AdvHelp [command]                  - Info on the command
  • /AdvHelpStartLoop                     - Starts the automatic reminder loop // Already on by default
  • /AdvHelpStopLoop                      - Stops the automatic reminder loop
  • /AdvHelpBlacklist [command]        - Adds/Removes a command from the help list

To-Do
  • Gather more info about each command and brown townyze the code for certain patterns
  • Don't add commands to the list that don't do anything
  • Easier way to find the commands
  • Suggest anything you want to see

Other
If you find any bugs, post them here or PM me. PM might be quicker though. On that note, report to me if a command or something that displays differently from the others and show me a picture of how it's displayed so I can fix it. This add-on doesn't use a super good way to find all the commands, so I need that info.

Suggest anything you would like this add-on to do.

Also note that I didn't test the version that is released so hopefully everything is working :3

The moment you have all waited for...
Download

What's New?
-v0.3
  • New BlackList feature that you can manually add a command to keep it from being on the list
  • /AdvHelpBlacklist [command] - Adds/Removes a command from the help list

-v0.2
  • Every 5 minutes it will remind you of the command
  • /AdvHelpStartLoop - Starts the auto reminder loop
  • /AdvHelpStopLoop - Stops the auto reminder loop

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 07:14:33 PM by Scriode »

Yeeeesssss
I've been waiting for something like this

I always forget the billions of commands and stuff

And this is why kids, /commands suck...

what if you forget the commands for this addon

do centerprint with <just:right> and brick buttons to switch pages

do centerprint with <just:right> and brick buttons to switch pages

Then it will go away and you till have to type the command again to see it

Then dude... You're forgeted :3 haha

Then it will go away and you till have to type the command again to see it
If you put a 0 for the time, it will stay until they are center printed something else.

If you put a 0 for the time, it will stay until they are center printed something else.
I could. Maybe I will. Just I want it to interfere with other add-ons very little. For example someones CityRP and it either hides their UI or it constantly hides mine. That's why I don't bother.

swollow asks the real questions

You should mention somewhere that many commands are used by GUIs and shouldn't be called.

You should mention somewhere that many commands are used by GUIs and shouldn't be called.
It will only display serversided add-ons that are enabled that have GUI's in them. Example, RTB.  I will in the near future figure out a way to make it not display them.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 07:54:12 PM by Scriode »