Author Topic: Need help finding an RTS game  (Read 1156 times)

Normally i would just pop the disk into my drive because i had it a moment ago. It went missing so i decided just to search for it online since its so old it might be abadonware.

There is only one problem. When i had the game at the time the whole game was in Chinese. This was because i had received the game as a gift in China when i lived there.

Now i'm doing internet searches based off of what i remember inside the game.

Short description: In this game it was kind of future warfare, you had your unit types like tanks turrets and buildings that produced them. One of the unit types was a two legged walker. You started out with a commander/basebuilder unit which resembled a UFO which can shoot at enemy aerials with a wicked cool laser and heal or destroy buildings with its underside laser thing.

has anyone here played a game a long time ago with this description. Game dates around late 90's or early 2000

for those who will help you find it, i would recommend you list games that cound potentially fall under those conditions that the game you are looking for is not...

eg.
its not starcraft
its not star wars galactic battlegrounds

that kind of deal

I don't play too many RTS games so some i don't name i probably wouldn't have.

but yes it's not starcraft

I Googled "chinese RTS" and just got screenshots of the Chinese team in Command & Conquer Generals. I'll do more searching.

Act of War: Direct Action is something I found. I doubt that's it, but it's worth a guess.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms is also something I found. That's another guess.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 10:15:29 PM by the hacker »

Its not Chinese. I meant to say it was just translated INTO chinese

Its not Chinese. I meant to say it was just translated INTO chinese
That makes this search even harder. Though it also gives me some better ideas knowing it's not exclusive to China.

Total Annihilation, perhaps?

could be universe at war: earth assault
came out in '08 though

That makes this search even harder. Though it also gives me some better ideas knowing it's not exclusive to China.

Can't be, I've played enough to know.

nope too modern

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 12:49:33 AM by Harm94 »

no the art style is far too different

Hmm.. Was it 3D or did it use sprites?

it was pre-rendered
Dune? I haven't played a ton of Dune, but that might be it.