taking event requests

Author Topic: taking event requests  (Read 3492 times)

it's an excellent idea

needs client side mod tho
I'm actually working on something like this right now, but without events and the client has to want to switch servers

Alllrriiighty. My request is:
Input event.
OnPlayerNotDetected
Would be used with zone bricks. It would be where if there are not players detected within the zone brick, then (output events) would happen.

Are you serious?
1. I searched and the only download that was relevant was broken.  Clearly not.  It's on rtb.
2. I used the exact format said in the op. That clusterforget wall of text looks nothing like the format.
3. Did you even read the op? Seems not.  Comparing our posts in this thread bears testament to your erred statement.  Don't even bother bringing that up.

OT:
Code: [Select]
Type: Target
Name:  ClientToServer
Description:  An extension of VCE, this saves designated client values to a server database.  For instance, if a player commits a crime, they get a client variable assigned to them.  If this variable doesn't allow them to do things, then they could leave the server to avoid it.

For instance:

0.  [√] [0   ] (Input) >> ClientToServer >> VCEModVariable "Crime" [Set] "1"

And then for detection:

1.  [√] [0   ] (Input) >> ClientToServer >> VCEifVariable "Crime" [==] "1" "2 2"

2.  [√] [0   ] (Input) >> (Target) >> (Whatever)
Did you see this?…

Did you see this?…
Did you see this?
Type - Must be input or output
if you don't follow these guidelines, I won't even reply to you.

I also don't like messing with VCE

Alllrriiighty. My request is:
Input event.
OnPlayerNotDetected
Would be used with zone bricks. It would be where if there are not players detected within the zone brick, then (output events) would happen.
just do the opposite
make it so that something will continuously happen, and when someone enters, it will stop

just do the opposite
make it so that something will continuously happen, and when someone enters, it will stop
that's why it's a terrible idea
you could crash servers with an add-on like that

that's why it's a terrible idea
you could crash servers with an add-on like that
you can crash servers with default events

you can crash servers with default events
why would you need an event to be consistently called when you aren't in a zone
that would be even more troublesome with more than one zone
It's just as abusive as the onBotDetect event

I still need an event for detecting an item coming into contact with a brick, or entering a zone, either one would work. It's for the hockey mod, and since the puck is an item, nothing can detect its presence.

Workarounds for this are also acceptable, like giving the puck its own value or whatever and having it detect the value being passed through somehow, I don't know how this stuff works.

I have a request for a pack:

Type: Output
Target Type: Self/Named Brick
Name: itemSupply
Description: A plane/helicopter (either is fine) flies overhead and drops a supply crate onto the target.
A parachute is attached to the crate, making it slowly float down. When a player clicks on the crate,
 a specified number of a certain item/items is spawned. You can put different items in a single crate.
Example: OnActivate > Self > itemSupply > (Item1) [Item1 amount] (Item 2) [Item2 amount] (Item 3) [Item 3 amount]

Type: Output
Target Type: Self/Named Brick
Name: vehicleSupply
Description: Same as itemSupply, except only one specific vehicle is dropped, in a large crate.

why would you need an event to be consistently called when you aren't in a zone
yeah, idk, but I could ask that of most of these events

yeah, idk, but I could ask that of most of these events
I will not make an event that loops for every player continuously...