Author Topic: taking event requests  (Read 3499 times)

Code: [Select]
Type: Output
Name: Holebot>setRandomItem
Description:
Gives the bot a random item.

I have a request for a pack:

Target Type: Self/Named Brick
Name: itemSupply
Description: A plane/helicopter (either is fine) flies overhead and drops a supply crate onto the target.
A parachute is attached to the crate, making it slowly float down. When a player clicks on the crate,
 a specified number of a certain item/items is spawned. You can put different items in a single crate.
Example: OnActivate > Self > itemSupply > (Item1) [Item1 amount] (Item 2) [Item2 amount] (Item 3) [Item 3 amount]

Target Type: Self/Named Brick
Name: vehicleSupply
Description: Same as itemSupply, except only one specific vehicle is dropped, in a large crate.
This already exists somewhere.  It may be binned, but there's no harm in searching.

registerOutputEvent(Bot,"SetRandomWeapon");
function AIPlayer::setRandomWeapon(%this)
{
   for(%i = 0; %i < DataBlockGroup.getCount(); %i++)
   {
      %obj = DataBlockGroup.getObject(%i);
      if(%obj.getClassName() $= "ItemData" && %obj.uiName !$= "")
         %item[%itemCount++] = %obj;
   }
   %randomitem = getRandom(0,%itemCount);
   %this.setWeapon(%item[%randomitem]);
}

Note to all:
I'll package all of these events and post them in one giant topic

I will not make an event that loops for every player continuously...
well I'm not saying you should or anything. I think it's ridiculous to want that when you could so easily do it already

I still need an event for detecting an item coming into contact with a brick, or entering a zone, either one would work. It's for the hockey mod, and since the puck is an item, nothing can detect its presence.

Workarounds for this are also acceptable, like giving the puck its own value or whatever and having it detect the value being passed through somehow, I don't know how this stuff works.

Code: [Select]
Type: output
Name: Destroybrick
Description:
onactivate > self > destroybrick
it destroys the brick, like you would with a hammer

that's like asking for me to make onVehicleTouch

I'm not making it because it can't be done well...

This already exists somewhere.  It may be binned, but there's no harm in searching.

It exists but the item spawning is glitchy and you can't really customise it that much. There's a backdoor in the old supply drop that crashes the server. I tried the old supply drop and it's not that good. I think Marble Man could make much better supply drop events tbh

It exists but the item spawning is glitchy and you can't really customise it that much. There's a backdoor in the old supply drop that crashes the server. I tried the old supply drop and it's not that good. I think Marble Man could make much better supply drop events tbh
give me the old one and I'll fix it up once I get home :/

Here's the old one. I'd like the supplies/vehicle to float down instead of smashing into the ground and glitching. Also, customisable number of items/vehicles and mixing different items/vehicles in one supply drop would be nice c:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3pfs8gm3t3p599b/Event_Non-hacked_Version.zip

Here's the old one. I'd like the supplies/vehicle to float down instead of smashing into the ground and glitching. Also, customisable number of items/vehicles and mixing different items/vehicles in one supply drop would be nice c:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3pfs8gm3t3p599b/Event_Non-hacked_Version.zip
okay, no
that has progressed passed just an event

What about just making them spawn in midair without any floating/crates?

What about just making them spawn in midair without any floating/crates?
please stop, I told you no