Author Topic: "Server could not verify ID"  (Read 504 times)

Everyone who tries to join my server gets this error.

Is it because I modified GameConnection::onConnectRequest? I included this line:
Code: [Select]
return Parent::onConnectRequest(%cl,%ip,%lan,%net,%prefix,%suffix,%arg5);So I don't think I broke the function or anything. Yet nobody can join my server. Is this some kind of provision against spoofing clients?

Everyone who tries to join my server gets this error.

Is it because I modified GameConnection::onConnectRequest? I included this line:
Code: [Select]
return Parent::onConnectRequest(%cl,%ip,%lan,%net,%prefix,%suffix,%arg5);So I don't think I broke the function or anything. Yet nobody can join my server. Is this some kind of provision against spoofing clients?
Don't do that. The function is supposed to have 15 arguments. Also, if it worked before you did that, and now doesn't work anymore, then it's pretty obvious that you did break it...

Don't do that. The function is supposed to have 15 arguments. Also, if it worked before you did that, and now doesn't work anymore, then it's pretty obvious that you did break it...
Oh, I was told I could truncate those args. Okay. I've put the args back and will test if anyone can join.

Yeah, you never remove the arguments from a parent unless you have a specific reason for doing so.

The arguments are back but the problem remains. I tried commenting out the modification on onConnectRequest but nothing has changed.

Is the parent still in a return?

Do it without a return. Call parent::onConnectionRequest like a normal method.