Britain preparing for severe raging storms, making landfall this coming Monday

Author Topic: Britain preparing for severe raging storms, making landfall this coming Monday  (Read 4901 times)

Man, I'm at the age where I kinda hope my college is closed due to the weather but I also hope it isn't because I want to finish my IT course tomorrow :I
flip a coin to decide what you want

it solves everything

IF the weather we had in the Netherlands today was the so called storm, i am laughing because it was just a bit windy.
But it probably was just a small part.

I think you guys will be fine, but in any case, best of luck.

do you still live on a boat? :o

Nah but I did live on a boat when there was huge flooding in London a few years ago and the river burst its banks in places. As you can imagine I was laughing it up while people bailed water out of their livingrooms.

flip a coin to decide what you want

it solves everything

Don't have any to flip

I think it's because of that crazy huge storm in 1987 where the BBC told everyone it'd be fine and there was nothing to worry about. Ever since then they've just played it up entirely to avoid getting caught out again.
That's certainly true as far as weather reports go. The moment possible bad weather is on the way they act like Noahs flood is about to begin or that we'll soon be able to host our own London winter olympics, just in case it happens (apparently despite a millennia of it happening, no one expects snow in February).
But whenever it's regular weather they're loath to say if it's rain or shine.

But in terms of psyche, I meant Britain in general. The weather always seems to be the centre of everything, and there's hardly a conversation where it doesn't come up.
Brits just seem to be obsessed about the weather.

there's hardly a conversation where it doesn't come up.
Brits just seem to be obsessed about the weather.
britain invented small talk

still waiting for death by tree. this is a let down so far.

Hey man, don't lose hope.  Maybe the wind will blow a tree on your room while you sleep?

you could try running into a tree

You can get perfectly good bacon from 99p shops here.

Everyone's making a huge deal out of it, I saw people panic-buying bacon and eggs at the supermarket this morning. It's just going to be a little more windy than usual and if it turns out to be much worse I'm going to edit my post.
Dude this is what people said about Sandy.

Look at NJ.

Dude this is what people said about Sandy.

Look at NJ.

It already looked like that.

I think it's because of that crazy huge storm in 1987 where the BBC told everyone it'd be fine and there was nothing to worry about. Ever since then they've just played it up entirely to avoid getting caught out again.

And I admit I panic-bought bacon and eggs. I may not be going to work tomorrow if the trains are screwed but I'm certainly having breakfast.

I didn't know that you had a job outside of owning RTB. I think people are exaggerating over it, but it's going to be very close to a category 1 hurricane. The scare is that Britain has many more older infrastructures than America, which makes way for more property damage. America is able to withstand through slight hurricanes in most areas due to the fact that our infrastructure are mostly new.

that storm is hitting north of france right now

Are you in Northern France? And has it been bad so far?