Author Topic: Hammereditor attacks RTB servers - The discussion thread  (Read 58790 times)

He could get his key revoked, he did fess up to DoS'ing which is a federal offense so badspot could easily punish you that way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack#Legality
Badspot's server's weren't attacked. Ephialtes were attacked.

Also, i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be worth the time to convict him of such a petty crime.
(This DoS attack was an ant stuff compared to the serious ones)

Do you think I can move on?? Of course, I don't have to worry about new users filling in the slots that will be vacant when people quit my hosting service.
You know, I'm thinking of not ending it.

dont end it plz the world will never be the same without hamhost

Do you think I can move on?? Of course, I don't have to worry about new users filling in the slots that will be vacant when people quit my hosting service.
Not ending it is a stupid idea because nobody will use it.
Or pay for it, for that matter.

Badspot's servers weren't attacked. Ephialtes' servers were attacked.
fixed

i think i just had a stroke

Badspot's server's weren't attacked. Ephialtes were attacked.

Also, i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be worth the time to convict him of such a petty crime.
(This DoS attack was an ant stuff compared to the serious ones)

Didn't mean throw him in jail but still it'd be fitting to revoke his key(s)

I warned him that his service will fail 2 months before he launched it.

I must be a fortune teller.

I warned him that his service will fail 2 months before he launched it.

I must be a fortune teller.
He already launched it?

Didn't mean throw him in jail but still it'd be fitting to revoke his key(s)
he might, not sure.

I think if hammer had just admitted it and apologised up front, this would have ended better for him. That's for sure.

Here's a good idea: quit being greedy for money and just end your hosting service. RTB is the best hosting service for blockland and is non-profit while yours was hosted from...

If you really want money, try dog walking. I heard about a guy who scores $30 a week from just walking all of his neighbor's dogs. Sure it's not as much as it would be with a real job, but it's still easy money.

He already launched it?

I told him 2 months before it was on the BL forum. When he was planning on doing it still.

I'm going to decide for a few days if I really want to end my hosting service.
Even if half of my current clients leave, there will always be new free users to fill in the slots...

I'm going to decide for a few days if I really want to end my hosting service.
Even if half of my current clients leave, there will always be new free users to fill in the slots...
And my dad will keep paying for the VPS.

And when do you pay back all the money your dad spent on your vps

i wish i had parents

also, just stop posting.
dont tell us that you are going to, just stop.

you need time to think it over.

And when do you pay back all the money your dad spent on your vps
I don't have to pay it back, since I already earned this through things like doing chores and good grades.