Space Engineers Thread -MULTi-MULTI-MULTI-MULTIPLAYER!

Author Topic: Space Engineers Thread -MULTi-MULTI-MULTI-MULTIPLAYER!  (Read 11335 times)

Space Engineers
Q and A
Q: What is Space Engineers?
A: The answer to that, my friend, is simple! Space Engineers is a space sandbox game released by Keen Software, developer of the horrid Miner Wars 2081. Players may build and maintain space equipment, and build small or large ships. You may also change the color of your blocks to create intricate patterns.
Q: Is there multiplayer?
A: Yes! It has been recently implemented.
PRETTY PICTURES

So just discuss Space Engineers, suggest cool features and post your creations!
Latest update:
Update 01.015.013 - Multiplayer. Multiplayer. MULTI-PLAYER!!!

We have added the first update of the multiplayer mode. We have also added the Russian language and increased the magnetic force on landing gears.

YouTube™ Video: Space Engineers - Multiplayer (first update)
Views: 37,938
The first multi-player update in Space Engineers. This is just an Alpha of an Alpha and not all data is synchronized across the network.

More details can be found here: http://forums.keenswh.com/post/update-01-015-013-6717328

Note: Update 01.015.014
We are working on fixing the lag and server connection issues. Parts of these have been fixed already with the new update version 01.015.014, but there are still many causes that create these issues. We are working constantly on fixing them as well but they will require more time.

Note: Update 01.015.015
Multiplayer Fixes
- Fixed many synchronization issues
- Fixed many join world issues
- Reduced lags in many situations: destruction, shooting, character movement, other
- Player count can be configured in World Settings

We're currently working on fixing the remaining join world issues.

Note: Update 01.015.016
We have released one more minor multiplayer update:
- Fixed few character issues
- Fixed show compatible version checkbox in join game
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:53:43 AM by bob12378 »

bleh okay then. reposting this
I love this game. I was planning on making a topic but never got around to it. May as well share some of my pics that I have thus far.

This is my latest small fighter ship. I have a few other designs but this is by far my favorite. It flies relatively fast but has some power issues due to the fact that there's only a couple places I could actually fit reactors.

I'm building my own space station, I don't have any pics yet as I'm not done. But you can see the inside of one of the fighter hangars, the one this ship is in is the construction hangar. Multiple catwalks and well lit so I can see what I'm building. Currently finished on my station is the two fighter hangars (i'll probably add another storage hangar as my current one is kinda crowded with four ships in a smallish hangar), the engineering department with storage and assembly stuff, reactor core (which looks p sweet I may add), medbay, a large open space that I'm deciding whether it will be a crew quarters area or command center/bridge, but it has a small landing platform on the side for ease of access, and lastly attached to the undecided bridge thing is a tower protruding from the center with a nice view of the station/surrounding areas.

I really can not wait until they add a full on survival mode where you have to gather resources and such, then coupled with multiplayer. It will be amazing. I'm hoping that this game turns out as what I had been hoping miner wars would have been. It has so much potential.

I'll also be grabbing some pics of my wip station soon.

So it's like starmade?
Precisely, but a little less Minecraft-y.

So it's like starmade?
Starmade, Corneroids, and miner wars 2081 had a child.

Actual physics system like corneroids, ease of building like starmade, it will have mining ala miner wars and such. Ships fly more like actual ships and require thrusters in each individual direction unlike starmade. The graphics look amazing and meld together perfectly to remove the cube look. I imagine the mining is going to be largely cannibalized from miner wars seeing as the asteroids are literally the same as the miner wars roids. The crashing physics and destruction is seriously great, considering how early in the game is.

Once the game gets fleshed out content wise it will be (in my opinion) way better than all three.

Its literally so awesome building bases then crashing into them.

Still confused about ship movement but ill figure it out

Someone should buy this for me!

Someone should buy this for me!
this worked the past five or six years buster it won't work again!

this worked the past five or six years buster it won't work again!
B-B-B-But Flamecannon! ;~;

Been wanting to buy this.

I want this game so much..

B-B-B-But Flamecannon! ;~;
besides before they closed didn't ares take away your space engineering degree?!

besides before they closed didn't ares take away your space engineering degree?!
Wh-What?! No! They.. They.. um...
I was too good for them, so I left! Yes!

if they have planets, they should actually make them look like ones
the ones in starmade are the stufftiest you can imagine

if they have planets, they should actually make them look like ones
the ones in starmade are the stufftiest you can imagine
I kinda like what starmade did, it's flat and fits that mine-crafty feel, but the atmosphere makes it look pretty cool from a distance.