Space Engineers Thread -MULTi-MULTI-MULTI-MULTIPLAYER!

Author Topic: Space Engineers Thread -MULTi-MULTI-MULTI-MULTIPLAYER!  (Read 11438 times)

Is the game worth the money? I'm considering buying it tomorrow.
no. see below.
shamelessly ripped from /vg/

Keen Software isn’t a company to be trusted at all. This is a company as bad as EA. Keen Software started making Miner Wars 2081 several years ago and let people pre-order it. The game was advertised as an open-world sandbox with a dynamic economy, and the ability to build lots of cool stuff like secret bases in asteroids and space stations. KS also claimed that the community would be very involved in the development of the game. They lied.

Then, it just degraded into the usual “grab the money and run” deal. Throughout the entire development process, the game never really changed from what it was in the first early access alpha build. They started trying to turn it around and make it seem as if the community just misunderstood the initial description of the game by doing things like saying building is already in the game and pointing to the stuffty map editor which was supposed to just be a placeholder system.

KS kind of got away with that, too. People were mad, and confused, but not pointing fingers yet. Then they added the campaign. No one wanted the loving campaign as it was taking the game in the wrong direction. KS didn’t give a forget, and this led to people attacking KS directly.

Keen’s response was to try to save face by apologizing and promising they would fix it. Except instead of fixing it, they marked it as done, released it, and told their community to suck it up and give them more money for their next game, all while advertising the game as an arcade arena shooter in space.

TL;DR
Browse the old forums for even 2 minutes and you will see what I am talking about. Go back to really old posts (like 6+months) and you’ll REALLY see what I’m talking about.

The game as it is right now is painful to play. Build mechanics are there, but unpolished. Speeds are strange and feel off. I wish I hadn't spent money on this because I sincerely have my doubts. Do not spend money on this game.

From what I've seen, people seem to be enjoying it.

From what I've seen, people seem to be enjoying it.

Its fun to play but people are worried fKeen will not deliever

I just love the physics in this game! :D

Are those deformations? Why don't I have those?

EDIT: Oh, I do. They're just not very obvious.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 02:42:35 AM by Steve5452 »

I just love the physics in this game! :D
wow that looks niiiiiccce

I made a ship that doesn't look too bad lol

How do I fix "this tool/weapon is unavailable/disabled"?

How do I fix "this tool/weapon is unavailable/disabled"?

You can't use weapons or tools yet. Which is why you're getting that message.

The tools have not been added... or what?

The tools have not been added... or what?
In one of the dev blogs they said they're practically done, they're just wringing out some bugs before they release tools/weapons/survival in general.

So yes, they haven't been added yet.

This is my newest ship :D

I bought it and am getting a black loving screen but I suppose this is what I get for trying to play on a toaster.

Space Engineers is pretty cool, I haven't really built much, but its still cool

I suck at ships. My ships typically end up like this
OC x Main Character.
Oh wait... wrong kind of ship.
They end up more like this:
 - Wreckage
 - A cluster of engines.
  - Not enough speed? MOAR ENGINES!