Author Topic: COD: GHOSTS HAS FISH AI!!!  (Read 15510 times)

we're not saying it was more creative (even though it is- there are more first person shooters where you fight generic russians or a-rabs than demons) but that it's better than today's state of on-rails no-thought gaming.
this is pretty funny because if you look at the game in its core cod was more creative. im just talking about the parentheses here. did doom have 10 multiplayer modes, all sorts of ranks and stuff? no, it didn't, maybe it had levels, but it didn't. it was a shooter.

i didn't mean that literally. they're pretty much hybrids in bf3. they fire incredibly fast with high recoil.
that's not what defines an SMG...?

the a-91 is a really "unique" gun in terms of looks
a-91 is in the same boat as the XM8, it looks cool as hell but is functionally not that great

m416 is distinctive, m16a3 and m16a4 are the same thing
M416 is Heckler and Koch's version of the M4 carbine. The M16A3 is an automatic version of the M16A2. M16A4 is an improvement of the M16A2, the only difference is that it has Picatinny rail.

The US army uses the M4 for all infantry. The M16A4 is used by the US marine corps as it's service rifle. The M16A3 has limited use with the navy sea bee's. Also the M416 has some use I the USMC as an autorifle to replace the m249 saw, SEE IAR.

this is pretty funny because if you look at the game in its core cod was more creative. im just talking about the parentheses here. did doom have 10 multiplayer modes, all sorts of ranks and stuff? no, it didn't, maybe it had levels, but it didn't. it was a shooter.
so what? that isn't the core gameplay, that's a bunch of stuff the developers did to make up for how unbearably simple the core gameplay is. ranks and stuff is just something to give the people who jack off to achievements a way to see how much time they've played the game. the 10 multiplayer modes are irrelevent (unless you want to go there, domination is broken, kill confirmed is broken, search and destroy is probably the only decent one that people play and that isn't tdm).
if you're talking about creativity, then call of duty certainly wasn't the first one to introduce ranks or 10 multiplayer modes.

again, gaming has regressed more than most people think because doom (in my opinion atleast) wasn't the best old first person shooter. marathon had non-linear levels with multiple endings, the first first person shooter to have dual wielded weapons, reloading, and probably one of the top 5 stories in video games.

can someone explain to me how doom was off-the-rails and required extra amounts of thinking

a-91 is in the same boat as the XM8, it looks cool as hell but is functionally not that great
the xm8 was pretty forgetin' function actually. last i checked in outdid both the m4 and the scar but they scrapped it because of political reasons. it's in service with some PMCs and malaysian special forces.

did doom have 10 multiplayer modes, all sorts of ranks and stuff?

that is most definitely not what makes CoD "creative"

can someone explain to me how doom was off-the-rails and required extra amounts of thinking

Non-linear progression. It's "off-the-rails" because you aren't forced onto a single, scripted path.

Non-linear progression. It's "off-the-rails" because you aren't forced onto a single, scripted path.
so having a few different hallways to choose from made it better

yellow keys
the first first person shooter to have dual wielded weapons, reloading, and probably one of the top 5 stories in video games.
lolstory
again, gaming has regressed
wtfffffffffffffffff

-snip-
it required ammo conversion, you had to look around the map for secrets in order to actually beat the level (it was incredibly hard to beat some levels without secrets), you had to dodge fireballs and know how to stunlock enemies. you had to have the enemies fight each other. the levels were non linear and you could take several paths to get the angle on monsters you needed to kill.

furthermore, you couldn't just run in the middle of a group of enemies and hide behind a crate to regenerate your health. you had to think about what you were going to do before you did it and what consequences it would bring later on.

the xm8 was pretty forgetin' function actually. last i checked in outdid both the m4 and the scar but they scrapped it because of political reasons. it's in service with some PMCs and malaysian special forces.
i recall reading that it was super prone to overheating, must have just been lies and slander

it required ammo conversion, you had to look around the map for secrets in order to actually beat the level (it was incredibly hard to beat some levels without secrets), you had to dodge fireballs and know how to stunlock enemies. you had to have the enemies fight each other. the levels were non linear and you could take several paths to get the angle on monsters you needed to kill.
furthermore, you couldn't just run in the middle of a group of enemies and hide behind a crate to regenerate your health. you had to think about what you were going to do before you did it and what consequences it would bring later on.
a bunch of overly complicated garbage does not make a game better

It wasn't a "few different hallways to choose from." You're using CoD's corridor-shooter mentality to think about older level design.

i recall reading that it was super prone to overheating, must have just been lies and slander

I think it was Yuki's firearms myth thread where he said something about the XM8 melting during test stages.

that is most definitely not what makes CoD "creative"

it's like arguing with a pigeon
no matter what point you make he disregards it and stuffs everywhere

lolstory
if one of the things you lumnuts tout is how today's mms have better stories than old games then there's a reason that's not true.

they fixed that though.
a bunch of overly complicated garbage does not make a game better
damn, all of those ranks, extra game modes, and 70 "different" weapons in call of duty sure made that game better!