Author Topic: COD: GHOSTS HAS FISH AI!!!  (Read 14954 times)

oh, well nevermind then, xm8 is now top gun
(jk that's mosin-nagant)

it's like arguing with a pigeon
no matter what point you make he disregards it and stuffs everywhere

How in the hell is having 10 stock modes creative if they're going to be recycled into the next game?

Rewarding players in the form of progression based on performance isn't a new thing. Maybe its application to a multiplayer shooter was somewhat creative, but the concept itself isn't.

a bunch of overly complicated garbage does not make a game better

...haven't we been over the fact that Doom isn't complicated at all?

it required ammo conversion
not a complicated idea
you had to look around the map for secrets in order to actually beat the level (it was incredibly hard to beat some levels without secrets)
difficulty of levels minus secrets is debatable, but hidden objects are also...not complicated
you had to dodge fireballs and know how to stunlock enemies.
not particularly complicated, if you know that simply shooting enemies stuns them if the timing is right
you had to have the enemies fight each other.
slightly more complicated, considering that it's not exactly intuitive. discovering infighting in Doom was an awesome feeling.
the levels were non linear and you could take several paths to get the angle on monsters you needed to kill.
not complicated AT ALL. this factors into LEVEL MEMORIZATION, which has been a STAPLE of games with separate stages. you know, like every oldschool game ever that people still enjoy, like Mario or Metroid or Mega Man.

and likewise, over-simplifying a game to a point where it's a mind-numbing experience doesn't make it better either.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 04:21:46 PM by ChexGuy331 »

oh, well nevermind then, xm8 is now top gun
(jk that's mosin-nagant)
uh no. pretty sure the best ww2 bolt action was the arisaka- bwahaha. no it's the kar98.

alright, kar98 was pretty freakin sweet, i'll give you that
if i wasn't joking and could have any pick of a super gun i think i'd choose an XM500, but since i value my arms in a non-shattered stat, it'd probably be a Glock 19 G4

How in the hell is having 10 stock modes creative if they're going to be recycled into the next game?

Rewarding players in the form of progression based on performance isn't a new thing. Maybe its application to a multiplayer shooter was somewhat creative, but the concept itself isn't.

...haven't we been over the fact that Doom isn't complicated at all?
not a complicated ideadifficulty of levels minus secrets is debatable, but hidden objects are also...not complicatednot particularly complicated, if you know that simply shooting enemies stuns them if the timing is rightslightly more complicated, considering that it's not exactly intuitive. discovering infighting in Doom was an awesome feeling.not complicated AT ALL. this factors into LEVEL MEMORIZATION, which has been a STAPLE of games with separate stages. you know, like every oldschool game ever that people still enjoy, like Mario or Metroid or Mega Man.

and likewise, over-simplifying a game to a point where it's a mind-numbing experience doesn't make it better either.
i didn't say it was complicated, i said it required more thought than say, call of duty.

if one of the things you lumnuts tout is how today's mms have better stories than old games then there's a reason that's not true.
they're both pretty much the same
change demons to russians/arabs

a large company of x is trying to destroy/take over the world and one man must stop them.

in todays mms it's more realistic because its sometimes a whole team of people with the protagonist doing the most work

stories of multiplayer shooters are pretty much non-existant anyway, which is why they have micheal bay insert explosions every 10 seconds

i didn't say it was complicated, i said it required more thought than say, call of duty.
whoa, I was adding onto your quote, not going against it - I was using it against Taboob's response saying everything you said was "overcomplicated garbage"

they're both pretty much the same
change demons to russians/arabs

a large company of x is trying to destroy/take over the world and one man must stop them.

in todays mms it's more realistic because its sometimes a whole team of people with the protagonist doing the most work

stories of multiplayer shooters are pretty much non-existant anyway, which is why they have micheal bay insert explosions every 10 seconds
i was talking about marathon, but it seems you have the reading comprehension of a squid so i'm not even going to respond.

This is all over a single genre?

i was talking about marathon,
my bad i thought marathon was some doom sequel considering this argument was about Doom.
doesnt change a thing, the stories arent any more unique than any other's

my bad i thought marathon was some doom sequel considering this argument was about Doom.
doesnt change a thing, the stories arent any more unique than any other's
do you even know anything about marathon's story?

this thread went from
bf rulez > cod sux > doom > chex is a moron > guns
GUNS GUNS GUNS

tangos on the tower

do you even know anything about marathon's story?
aliens invade, master chief fights em and deals w/ ships AI
then they find an ally to kill aliens
then they kill the alien king.

which ofc is more extensive than all stories of all first person shooters which feature competitive multiplayer, but not entirely "better" than any story of any fps not featuring multiplayer.
the story is definitely interesting but whether its the best or not is debatable

aliens invade, master chief fights em and deals w/ ships AI
then they find an ally to kill aliens
then they kill the alien king.

which ofc is more extensive than all stories of all first person shooters which feature competitive multiplayer, but not entirely "better" than any story of any fps not featuring multiplayer.
the story is definitely interesting but whether its the best or not is debatable
my god you're shallow. it literally has nothing to do with halo and he never "deals" with the ships ai and they never kill the alien "king".
you literally skipped over the third and best (in story and gameplay) game in the series.