Poll

Do you like the new system?

Yes
10 (4.9%)
What the forget do you think
194 (95.1%)

Total Members Voted: 204

Author Topic: YouTube overhauls comments and links them to Google+  (Read 25922 times)

The bob army comments, so many

The bob army comments, so many
Google+ apparently allows you to travel back in time when spammers posting "bob" stuff was pretty much the main dish in the comments

So they actually just fixed time links. In fact, you can right click them to get the url copy/pastable. Not redeeming of the flaws, but I'm surprised they fixed it.

I hope this isn't an actual thing or starts being an actual thing;
Quote from: Some Youtuber
-------------------------------LISTEN! REALLY IMPORTANT----------------------------------     
DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS! There is a screamer going around that may induce a seizure on anyone with epilepsy, or a heart attack on anyone with a weak heart. There are also research and virus links going around that could destroy your childhood and-or your computer. Until Google+ fixes the comments, click on the drop-down box next to a comment with any link and click report abuse. this should hide the comment from public eye. The way to tell if a link is a screamer, it has anne.jpg in the link. Like this comment so others can see. 

I'm not sure if fake or real so don't ask me

That comment was used to link people to a screamer. For extra long comments, comments have an Expand this comment>> button which displays as a link. What people do is name videos the exact same as the expand comment text. YouTube video links become the title of the video, so the screamer video seems like a normal expand comment. When clicked, you get what happens.

So they actually just fixed time links. In fact, you can right click them to get the url copy/pastable. Not redeeming of the flaws, but I'm surprised they fixed it.

They fixed it because they care about the usability of their website. How is that surprising?

Because it isn't a simple fix because of how they iframed stuff up. :panda:

When did they change the expand comment again? Now it lists how many lines the comment goes for.

Apparently they started a survey, there was a message on my homepage

edit:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 06:46:09 AM by MrLoL² »

Apparently they started a survey, there was a message on my homepage

edit:

i ain't gettin that

what's the questions in it

what's the questions in it

there is questions about how satisfied we are on comments section, design, video's loading time

and some questions about time you spend on youtube

i loving hate this. on my youtube, when it asked for my full name i didnt put a real name because i dont want to put personal information into youtube, because you have to go to settings to make it private and make it not do that. anyway, so i made it a fake name "Idontwanna Usemyfullname" And it detected it as fake, (and it was obviously) yet it suspended all my google accounts and youtube from social activity like commenting, replying, and PMing. I can still upload, like, and add to *whatever* though. Anyway, im really loving pissed that i cant reply to the people who comment just because i didnt give them information they dont need.

Awesome. I just tried to time link in my comment and it's plain text. "Hey, you know that thing we fixed? As you predicted, it doesn't work globally, so forget it it is gone." You starfishs.

It's really annoying that time links don't work anymore, and that "replied to" links open a whole new tab.