Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 443527 times)

That looks really good.

reminds me slightly of sonic

Hey BLF, have a laggy gif of a thing I'm making.
Chatters the Hedgesquirrel

reminds me slightly of sonic

I must confess, I can't animate for stuff, so I copied his running animations pose-for-pose from Sanic.

Forgot to post this update here. Made the backdrop far better, and in the second photo you can see that the visibility of the character has been fixed.

Hey guys, I need an opinion for something I'm working on. I'm thinking about making the game joystick-only since supporting both joystick and keyboard controls in a local multiplayer setting is a clusterforget. How many of you guys own joysticks? More specifically, what joystick and is it detected as an xbox 360 controller?

Hey guys, I need an opinion for something I'm working on. I'm thinking about making the game joystick-only since supporting both joystick and keyboard controls in a local multiplayer setting is a clusterforget. How many of you guys own joysticks? More specifically, what joystick and is it detected as an xbox 360 controller?

The only "joysticks" I own, much less use, are for consoles.  I actually prefer keyboard controls most of the time, oddly.  Why not just make the game keyboard-based and include joy2key?

The only "joysticks" I own, much less use, are for consoles.  I actually prefer keyboard controls most of the time, oddly.  Why not just make the game keyboard-based and include joy2key?

In a local multiplayer setting, it's a bit of a hassle to create a bunch of different keyboard bindings just to use multiple joysticks. As opposed to, when supporting only joysticks, to make it so that one only has to plug in a bunch of joysticks and use them without having to worry about keyboard mappings.

I'll add that this is intended to be a party-style game.

yea i have a plug-in xbox controller in my closet
only game it worked with though was super meat boy

I own 2 xbox controllers that work perfectly with all games. From local multiplayer games such as towerfall and samurai gun to other single player games like mercenary kings, lod, and shovel knight.

EDIT: If it's gonna be for multiplayer then just leave it with only joysticks, at least that's what I'd do.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:35:57 PM by Zay »

i have gamecube, PS2, and wii classic controllers that connect through adapters

but I don't think they're recognized as xbox 360 pads