Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 443516 times)

also, what did your initial question mean exactly? I thought you were asking if there was anything you could use in addition to JS. but looking back on it, maybe you were actually asking if there was any language you could use instead of it
I was looking for alternatives for Javascript.

I was looking for alternatives for Javascript.
oh
well, there aren't any, really. not if you're looking to make that kind of browser game, anyway. obviously there are other options if you choose to take a different route, but yeah
javascript is easy anyway. plus, like someone else said before, it can be really useful. do you already know any languages?

Well, technically, CoffeeScript counts as an alternative to JavaScript.

well, there aren't any, really. not if you're looking to make that kind of browser game, anyway.
Yeah I thought so too.

do you already know any languages?
I know basics of Java and Python and enough MySQL to make a working database and modify it.

Been working on this top down mouse shooter for the last few days

a cartoony representation of a world war through gory battles with anthro animals that represent each country. the world shown is italy although I'm going to replace the cats with pistols to mice, and then I'll make larger cats with shotguns instead
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:46:59 PM by Zay »

10/10 game. Do suggest.

forget i wanna play that stuff

oh god thats loving beautiful

The scope was a great idea.

confirmed

will be seen in the next update

Right now I'm building a bunch of small games for practice. I want to build something a bit like Flow, but with far more emphasis on colour and in 2D. Could anybody suggest some engines that would be helpful for making this game?

I want to try and avoid using sprites for everything, so it would helpful if there was an engine that could handle making simple colour shapes (circles, squares etc) with transparency that can dynamically change size.