Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 443266 times)

Right now I'm building a bunch of small games for practice. I want to build something a bit like Flow, but with far more emphasis on colour and in 2D. Could anybody suggest some engines that would be helpful for making this game?

I want to try and avoid using sprites for everything, so it would helpful if there was an engine that could handle making simple colour shapes (circles, squares etc) with transparency that can dynamically change size.
I don't know of an engine/framework that can't do that. What is your preferred language or platform?

I don't know of an engine/framework that can't do that. What is your preferred language or platform?
Windows, and I know enough C++ to be able to display sprites and 3D shapes with DirectX, so I could probably code something myself, but if there's already a solution out there I'd rather use that.

I'm happy to learn whatever language is necessary for any engine available. I think it's better if I become adaptable.

That's a pretty good way of thinking. I'll just go ahead and throw LOVE out there then. It's not better than any other framework available, but it's what I've always used and know to heart.

That's a pretty good way of thinking. I'll just go ahead and throw LOVE out there then. It's not better than any other framework available, but it's what I've always used and know to heart.
Thanks. I'll give it a try then. Lua has been one of those things I've been meaning to learn anyway.

Pretty much every MMO has farmers. This isn't new.

Update on my question: I got told to use Unity with a few plugins and a lot of scripting. Looks like this is working great.

A game I'm working on for 1GAM: http://onegameamonth.com/
if the sun started talking to me and I had to push it away typing of the dead style I'd totes do it
I'd even wear the keyboards

if the sun started talking to me and I had to push it away typing of the dead style I'd totes do it
I'd even wear the keyboards

-lolsnip-

And now you can.

And now you can.

wow, really fun game :D
im gonna try to participate in this one game a month thing

if only i had do-able ideas though x_x

Finally got my copy of Unreal 4. loving love it.

Also, those feels when your electives get wiped and you get to do the new game modules next year (Studio 1, Studio 2, Programming and Audio). I am excite!

I just have to survive internship. Unfortunately, finding an internship at a game company in Australia is like trying to become a singer in Antarctica. Not sure where I could work just yet.

cry engine for life
at the very least, not-unity for life