Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 443222 times)

UE4
This, this and so much this.

Unreal 4 is literally the most fun I've ever had with a game engine.

UE4

I am a novice at making games at best so I don't think 19 bucks a month is worth it.

I am a novice at making games at best so I don't think 19 bucks a month is worth it.
you only have to pay it once

you only have to pay it once

I only have to pay 19 bucks a month once...

I only have to pay 19 bucks a month once...
no, you only have to pay $19 once, period. if you want to continue getting updates, then you have to keep paying. otherwise, you can cancel your subscription right after you pay the first time (although I would suggest waiting until the day before your next payment, just in case an update is released during that month). you can still sell your game even after that. the only restriction will be that you won't have access to later versions of the engine

no, you only have to pay $19 once, period. if you want to continue getting updates, then you have to keep paying. otherwise, you can cancel your subscription right after you pay the first time (although I would suggest waiting until the day before your next payment, just in case an update is released during that month). you can still sell your game even after that. the only restriction will be that you won't have access to later versions of the engine

ooooooh I get it. Sorry i was a bit confused there. Apart from better graphics what does Unreal Engine 4 have thats better then CryEngine?

ooooooh I get it. Sorry i was a bit confused there. Apart from better graphics what does Unreal Engine 4 have thats better then CryEngine?
user-friendliness is one thing that you might be interested in
just google "UE4 vs cryengine"

user-friendliness is one thing that you might be interested in
just google "UE4 vs cryengine"

Is unreal engine 4 more user friendly then Unity?

Is unreal engine 4 more user friendly then Unity?
unless you're going to pay for a unity license, I don't think I would suggest it in the first place
but anyway, Unity doesn't have Blueprints. it might have some third-party visual scripting systems, but I can't say anything of the quality of those

visual scripting isn't really relevant if you have a decent coder but it's nice for teams or people more skilled in other areas. either way, i wouldn't categorise it under user-friendliness

I've only used Alice and a little bit of Unity with little to no coding experience, what would suggest for me to make 3d games?

I've only used Alice and a little bit of Unity with little to no coding experience, what would suggest for me to make 3d games?
unity

visual scripting isn't really relevant if you have a decent coder but it's nice for teams or people more skilled in other areas. either way, i wouldn't categorise it under user-friendliness
What the stuff are you on about?

unity
*UDK