Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 443179 times)

What the stuff are you on about?
no need for the aggression mate; i can explain my points if i've thought about them well enough

rewording: i wouldn't categorise it as existing to tend to user-friendliness. though, by strict definition, it would prob fit. i guess the way i think of it is more 'user-accommodation'
like it's not just for ease of use or ease of comprehension; it also serves to help teach, reduce development necessities, etc. and i don't think the term 'user-friendly' properly connotes that

is all that stuff just magically floating across the ground or

Other than that it's loving beautiful though

is all that stuff just magically floating across the ground or
Oh my god I didn't even notice that...

It looks fantastic, but for moving stuffs maybe...
Have the clouds move like they are
Keep the ground and mountains and junk be stationary
Have wisps moving sand
grass stuff slightly rustles

The glitchy-ness of the scrolling is kinda bugging me also.

Anyone know some good tutorials for making an FPS in Unity? I need a tutorial that also shows how to make half decent AI that wont just follow you when they see you

while we're on the subject of unity, does anyone know any good 2D platformer tutorials

doesn't have to be anything special, it's for school. but the ones they gave me already have everything made and don't really explain how to do it or what everything means

while we're on the subject of unity, does anyone know any good 2D platformer tutorials

doesn't have to be anything special, it's for school. but the ones they gave me already have everything made and don't really explain how to do it or what everything means

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPV2KyIb3jR42oVBU6K2DIL6Y22Ry9J1c

Had an idea for a character thing, so I used math to animate it:

I've only used Alice and a little bit of Unity with little to no coding experience, what would suggest for me to make 3d games?
Unreal Engine 4. It's a bit more complex than basic Unity, and it costs $19, but overall I think it's just a better performing engine.

should i use like an actual health bar, or a bunch of lives?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 01:58:26 PM by PurpleMetro »

It depends. If your character will always take the same amount of damage with every hit, use lives. If they can take variable damage, use a health bar. I personally would just be inclined to go with lives, because it's simpler.

lives. it'd work better with artstyle + it's simpler

so guys

i had this idea for a game called "i am zombie", if you've played batman arkham asylum/city you'll know what it would look like graphics-wise

so you play as a zombie and you go around a map and eat people to gain upgrades and such and you eventually beat the level, upgrades such as strength and health and reduced time to bite etc.

this along with hilariously gory and awesome animations and hysterical special attacks like taking off your own head and throwing it at a person to bite them