Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 447222 times)

I thought I'd quote this in here for some feedback from u guys since it's game design and not a lot of people in this thread browse other creativity threads

so this summer was a pretty big sucess for me. HALT is currently the game project I've ever worked on the most. I already have 5 levels done and 2 of them have finished art.

i'm only gonna showcase the art of the first level here because since school is starting i might have less content to post and stuff in the next few days. anyways, enjoy:

only thing I'm missing for the art here are some things like enemy damage sprites and their indications to when they shoot (oh and also better projectile sprites) but those will be covered in the technical process of my game, where I will also cover menu's, cutscenes, and other shenanigans

EDIT: Resolved. Whatever weird stuff was going on was fixed with a restart.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 05:47:06 AM by McJob »

EDIT: Resolved. Whatever weird stuff was going on was fixed with a restart.

such is life

wot
send me a demo of this

i'll send you the game file when i actually get some customizable options to use as examples, and maybe after I get some animations working

I thought I'd quote this in here for some feedback from u guys since it's game design and not a lot of people in this thread browse other creativity threads

i don't see an indication as to whether they are being hit or not, you should probably do something about that

i don't see an indication as to whether they are being hit or not, you should probably do something about that
only thing I'm missing for the art here are some things like enemy damage sprites and their indications to when they shoot (oh and also better projectile sprites) but those will be covered in the technical process of my game, where I will also cover menu's, cutscenes, and other shenanigans
did you even read the post

damn dude that looks amazing

what language/program did you use to make it

damn dude that looks amazing

what language/program did you use to make it
thanks!, i use game maker studio which has its built in language, GML. its similar to C but broken down into simpler forms.

i made a game
download
  • ammo and health are random every time you spawn
  • zombies give health and ammo
  • hand drawn graphics
  • ammo and health system
  • and a flashlight

i made a game
download
  • ammo and health are random every time you spawn
  • zombies give health and ammo
  • hand drawn graphics
  • ammo and health system
  • and a flashlight

can't see stuff captain

can't see stuff captian

kudos for the character having the least useful flashlight ever

Yeah it's pretty much impossible to see anything coming.  Get that fixed and you might actually have something here.