Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 442933 times)

I'm dipping back into my old "Cave Game", and I have a bit of a dilemma. It's your standard Metroidvania with a single fixed screen for each room. The first step of design is figuring out the best dimensions for each room, but I can't decide whether to make the width and height of it exactly the dimensions of my 16:9 monitor for maximum size at fullscreen, or to pad it on the border so it ends up being less wide. Would it be disorienting to play a single-screen game where the level is right up against the sides of the screen?

This is what I'm talking about:

VS. something akin to this,

The character is supposed to be 3 squares-tall.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:39:16 AM by Squideey »

imo keeping a bit of padding @ the edges is best

Since my art right now is all placeholder, I had to make quick mock-ups for my major project's exhibition listing. Obviously, these aren't representative of the final product.

Keep in mind that this is my 6th restart, and I only have 6 days before submission. I've been forgeted massively here. Hopefully the audio and the writing (when it's all finished) will work in my favour.

My Idea is a game like the earlier R6 titles (1,Rouge Spear and Raven Shield)

It would be like this:

You would play as a PMC like Anti-Terror Organization

You would start with bad equipment,stuff soldiers (wich are able to train and get experiance trough missions) and small missions (from Hostage Rescue to Bomb Defusing)

You would gain attention and slowly grow with you taking on bigger threats and earning more cash and having better Units and equipment

Though heres the deal....

Since realism plays a huge deal there would be:

-1 to 3 shots to kill (depending on Armour)

-All Deaths are permanent

-No ammo pick-ups

-Only 2 to 3 Mags for each weapon (one already in the Gun)

-And a brutal KI

It would also have a Strategic planning phase where you utilize the buildings blue prints to plan movements and waypoints
 for a second team so it would have a strategic element too.

(TL:dr:A Game like Rainbow Six that is not Takedown Red Sabre and a good revival of the Tactical Shooter Genre)

circuit breakers is on steam

(please ignore the synopsis)

(the publisher insisted)

why do u guys have 3 publishers

ugh forget dude if it were available for mac or linux i would buy it in a heartbeat

linux port should be out today/ tomorrow, mac port

this week? next week?

mac compilation is an absolute forgetin pain in the ass and i wont be the first to tell you

I don't have money on steam right at the moment but when I do I'll be sure to shill to my friends to try it out if I can! Although I think Black Friday is most likely when I'll be in a spending mood.

mac compilation is an absolute forgetin pain in the ass and i wont be the first to tell you
can't you just include the necessary .dll files if there are any used in a wineskin process and run it from there?

can't you just include the necessary .dll files if there are any used in a wineskin process and run it from there?
Native ports are always better than some conversiony thingy

-Circuit breakers stuff-
I am buying it right now, it looks really cool and i hope you guys will have some success with this game. :)

linux port should be out today/ tomorrow, mac port

this week? next week?

http://www.excalibur-publishing.com/pages/circuit-breakers-arcade-cabinet-competition
how the forget did you manage possibly getting an arcade cabinet?

i have absolutely no goddamn idea

like nobody on the team does

we built our own arcade cabinet completely unrelatedly and then it turns out that excalibur is running this big promotion that they told nobody about and now here we are, with two circuit breakers arcade cabs out there

As a collector of arcade cabinets. How much does one of those cost and how much would you want for one?