Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 442943 times)

SO! Filipe and I are gettin' back at it with the Autoworld game (also Teneksi has joined the team to make some epic game levels). I (think) I now have non-LAN multiplayer working now too, so that's pretty cool...

The next big step is to create a database for user accounts and corresponding save data. Probably going to be using MongoDB at the recommendation of a friend. Also, hashing:

After this and that is sorted out, I will probably move on to getting things like chat sorted out, and then maybe we can move on into some core game features. :)

niceee, i forgot how nice C#'s syntax is, too much c

Anybody worked with Unreal before? I don't need help or anything but I'm curious if anybody has some projects or something to show off.

I guess this counts as game design, my friends and I are creating a lite version of D&D played with an excel document and skype. That's it.

I've recently been rewriting huge parts of it and removing either too complex things or useless things.

I went from this for 1 character

to this for all 3 character

Looks complex. :o

In other news... MULTIPLAYER CONFIRMED.

Filipe and I had a grand ol' time driving around. Together. :)

Looks complex. :o

yeah. skills used to look like this.

obvious never finished cause there's so many loving skills

which were optimized by spell tables from forgetin' D&D until they're replaced with better ones.

only these for right now.

Guys, I did it!

http://globalgamejam.org/2016/games/long-fall

I was on a really awesome team in the Global Game Jam (Sydney) 2016. Lead programmer. Didn't sleep for the full 48 hours. Pretty forgeted up right now, but very happy.

Been working on the editor I posted a while ago.
Progress:

so new background

only a fragment of some of the latest improvements in HALT

god why are all platform games so zoomed in

Ive seen the signs

looks Prelty Good.com !!!! i

im on the edge of bailing school to re-make the first MMO ive ever played which has been shut down for 5 years. its going to be fun i bet and itll be one of my dreams scratched from the listttt

big chance ill develop in Unreal, choo choo ill make a Tumblr for it soon