Game Design Megathread

Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 442969 times)

im on the edge of bailing school to re-make the first MMO ive ever played which has been shut down for 5 years. its going to be fun i bet and itll be one of my dreams scratched from the listttt

big chance ill develop in Unreal, choo choo ill make a Tumblr for it soon
I hope you don't plan on working alone, an MMO is a massive undertaking. It's doable, but you might want to get some people together who match your vision and are similarly trained.

I hope you don't plan on working alone, an MMO is a massive undertaking. It's doable, but you might want to get some people together who match your vision and are similarly trained.
the original game was called an MMO, but basically you could see it as a Co-Op PvE game like e.g Payday and what not.
You do stages with 1 to 8 players, with a lobby system and what not. Its far fetched to call it an MMO, but it seems like the easy way to genre it.

I am planning on working alone, but am expecting to work on it for a long time. i will also keep it private for a long time of course. I don't think  it will be too much of an issue as I wont come under much stress and deadlines.

Won a Jammie for volunteering at the GameJam. Our team didn't win any awards, but we also were pretty high up on the list so that's cool.

How amany people here use unity?

the original game was called an MMO, but basically you could see it as a Co-Op PvE game like e.g Payday and what not.
You do stages with 1 to 8 players, with a lobby system and what not. Its far fetched to call it an MMO, but it seems like the easy way to genre it.

I am planning on working alone, but am expecting to work on it for a long time. i will also keep it private for a long time of course. I don't think  it will be too much of an issue as I wont come under much stress and deadlines.
Fair enough, I thought you were talking about like, WoW or FF level of MMO.

gah, that's so excellent

I really like the character's design too

that's an uncomfortable amount of words

me in c++:

where are the numbers